Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

Peggy Kusinski's son, not a random. For what it's worth. Had the Joc talk before Rosenthal, same day.

I don’t think that’s her son. I just don’t get why these guys come out of nowhere and jump on to other reports. “I also knew this!!” Why didn’t he share that when he tweeted about Sox fans feeling “pretty, pretty good”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

so I listened to the Thome interview with Kaplan.  Seems like Thome really stressed to Manny and Bryce about how loyal of an owner Reinsdorf is, as well as how great it is to live in Chicago during the season.  He said it's been radio silent for about a month with reports about them, but they're still hopeful to land one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Orlando said:

I don’t think that’s her son. I just don’t get why these guys come out of nowhere and jump on to other reports. “I also knew this!!” Why didn’t he share that when he tweeted about Sox fans feeling “pretty, pretty good”

It's her son. He's a jr. She is married to a guy by the same name.

3 hours ago, Roughneck said:

If a player signed to an extension or free agent contract misses a year, he gets the full pay and the team just misses him for that year. Same for suspension, but with no pay. There isn't another year tacked on and the player still hits free agency at the same time. However, since Kopech is still under team control and playing for the minimum, the Sox won't lose a year of control. For all intents and purposes, it's like he's spending another year in the minors, contract wise.

If Kopech is on the opening day roster 2020, then he has 5 full years service time left, and Sox will have lost a year of service due to the injury. However, if they send him to Charlotte till around June 1, then the Sox get the rest of 2020 plus the 5 more years. The trick is , he has to be sent down for performance issues and not as a rehab or injury situation. You know, “ he needs to fine tune his command “ at AAA. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Baker said:

If Kopech is on the opening day roster 2020, then he has 5 full years service time left, and Sox will have lost a year of service due to the injury. However, if they send him to Charlotte till around June 1, then the Sox get the rest of 2020 plus the 5 more years. The trick is , he has to be sent down for performance issues and not as a rehab or injury situation. You know, “ he needs to fine tune his command “ at AAA. 

Is this correct?

3 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

So who do we trust more: Heyman or Hector?

Hector. Obviously because I like what he says more. Lol Just kidding. I like Hector because he just seems genuine unlike a Dan Clark. Also he is rising star in the sports reporting world, why risk it to pander to the White Sox fanbase? He can gain way more notoriety pandering to the Yankees fans. Also he is from DR and in my opinion is less likely to get agenda driven info than Heyman.

56 minutes ago, fathom said:

I don't get why anyone would be down about the Heyman tweet.  Especially considering opt-outs, swell opts, etc....specific numbers are hard to come by.

Me neither. Hector and Heyman may both end up being right. Wouldn't be surprised if it takes a day for people to understand the money implications of this deal.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres