Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, cjgalloway said:

Yeah.. these gloves are definitely interesting..

Machado wouldn't have ordered black and white gloves if he wasn't playing for a team whose primary colors are black and white. The optimist in me is assuming we're just working out final details now and then moving onto other moves 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Machado wouldn't have ordered black and white gloves if he wasn't playing for a team whose primary colors are black and white. The optimist in me is assuming we're just working out final details now and then moving onto other moves 

Best way to put it is that if those are actually his gloves, he's coming to the Sox.  Could easily be a troll job by Rawlings.

Just now, fathom said:

Best way to put it is that if those are actually his gloves, he's coming to the Sox.  Could easily be a troll job by Rawlings.

I don't know why they would damage the relationship with one of their biggest clients to post a troll job. Seems really stupid and short-sighted.

• Like 1

Just now, fathom said:

That'd be a lot of effort for a troll job, if anything Rawlings could have just made a Machado glove in different teams colors and asked which glove looks better and what team do the commenters hope he signs with.

Just now, fathom said:

But do you really think they'd actually produce 5 or so black and white custom Machado gloves just for a troll job? That would be pretty expensive. 

The Rawlings gloves are real people. That doesn't mean Rawlings knows he is signing with the Sox. But if you are Rawlings, that's a great post to generate a ton of clicks. Could simply be that Manny told them the design he wants for the season so they saw that as an opportunity for some clicks.

EDIT: And if this is the case, it's likely that he is signing with the Sox. He designed them because he's going to be playing here. That doesn't necessarily means Rawlings knows.

Edited by KrankinSox
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

That article @iamshack and you shared earlier today has me dreaming. Imagine Sox drop that hammer down and announce both.

• Love 1

Just now, Jose Abreu said:

But do you really think they'd actually produce 5 or so black and white custom Machado gloves just for a troll job? That would be pretty expensive. 

Lol they've likely  made thousands of dollars just from people talking about them so damn much

• Like 1

Just now, almagest said:

I don't know why they would damage the relationship with one of their biggest clients to post a troll job. Seems really stupid and short-sighted.

Exactly this. These gloves are a good sign. If you don't think so then you are being guarded or pessimistic. The Sox fan mentality is hilarious. Yankees fan on twitter see this obviously Sox colored glove and take it as a sign that he's signing with the Yankees. Sox fan's see these gloves and its a Rawlings troll job. 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres