Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I find it hard to believe Rawlings would be the entity breaking this signing. The lack of silver and some red make it look more Yankee like to me even though the don't wear black. I am surprised he would use all new gloves every year. Some guys still use what they were using in high school 

Black is a neutral glove color, as all teams have players using black gloves. But adding white to the glove in a way players normally incorporate teams' colors (orange for the Orioles, teal for the Mariners), that seems deliberate.

I think the color choice means Manny is leaning towards the Sox. But he could end up signing elsewhere and Rawlings would just make him new gloves. Not like this is a deal-breaker.

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

The one thing that I keep coming back to is there's no reason for Manny to troll Sox fans.  Considering Jay and Alonso are here if he goes elsewhere, he has to know that if he screws around with Sox fans and ends up going elsewhere, the Sox fans will take out some of their frustrations in terms of not cheering for Jay/Alonso.

If you think Manny has that much selfless empathy I’ve got something to sell you buddy

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I find it hard to believe Rawlings would be the entity breaking this signing. The lack of silver and some red make it look more Yankee like to me even though the don't wear black. I am surprised he would use all new gloves every year. Some guys still use what they were using in high school 

These gloves scream White Sox. Neutral for gloves is brown and there is no way these represent Yankees at all. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dick Allen said:

Might want to read up on these guys. A broken in glove they love is something they don't want to swap out just because. 

Dude look up pictures of MAchado and how many different gloves he has used. I'm with you in that some hell maybe even a lot of guys refuse to change gloves until they have to, in his case its not true. 

The Yankees fully stocked their positions. No need to even talk about them anymore. The only way for them to still be in this is to trade Andujar out and make room that way, but theyre not going to just dump someone that good to a suitor and take a reduced return to make it all work for ST.

Edited by Princess Dye
  • Like 1

Here is an important opinion based on a quick image search (no other research necessary everyone)

While in baltimore he wore a black and orange glove. When he went to the dodgers, he didn't keep black and orange, he had a classic leather glove. So he clearly wants to either wear the team colors or no colors and you can't convince me otherwise thanks  bye.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

The Yankees fully stocked their positions. No need to even talk about them anymore. The only way for them to still be in this is to trade Andujar out and make room that way, but theyre not going to just dump someone that good to a suitor and take a reduced return to make it all work for ST.

Right.  Now that it appears that the Indians aren't going to trade one of their starters, there just isn't anyone available by trade who is good enough to give up Andujar.

Just now, bmags said:

I feel like I'm dumb, but are you saying the red could mean phillies? 

No that's just the logo. But black and white are so neutral he could wear those with any team and it wouldn't be noticeable. If the White Sox had like Magenta in their color scheme and these gloves had magenta I'd be losing it. 

8 minutes ago, Kiebs13 said:

The post literally said they are his gloves for the upcoming season, so not likely to be generic.

Not generic. They are Manny's gloves. But black is a neutral glove color and all teams have players with black gloves. The white is more telling, though.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

Here is an important opinion based on a quick image search (no other research necessary everyone)

While in baltimore he wore a black and orange glove. When he went to the dodgers, he didn't keep black and orange, he had a classic leather glove. So he clearly wants to either wear the team colors or no colors and you can't convince me otherwise thanks  bye.

Unless he changed gloves a few times last year, he wore that same brown glove when he was with the Orioles.

1 minute ago, mqr said:

No that's just the logo. But black and white are so neutral he could wear those with any team and it wouldn't be noticeable. If the White Sox had like Magenta in their color scheme and these gloves had magenta I'd be losing it. 

Oh, gotcha. I don't know, they didn't have to add a secondary color. If it was all black I wouldn't bat an eye, but black and white after his balt gloves being black and orange? 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres