Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Not generic. They are Manny's gloves. But black is a neutral glove color and all teams have players with black gloves. The white is more telling, though.

Unless he changed gloves a few times last year, he wore that same brown glove when he was with the Orioles.

Not according to the definitive google image search for "manny machado images"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mqr said:

No that's just the logo. But black and white are so neutral he could wear those with any team and it wouldn't be noticeable. If the White Sox had like Magenta in their color scheme and these gloves had magenta I'd be losing it. 

And if those are the actual gloves, the white can easily be changed.

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

If Rawlings marketing and Twitter staff have been given the news then I think the whole world would know who Manny is signing with. Let's chalk it up to Rawlings wanting free press at a smart time.

I dont think the news is that Rawlings is somehow in the know. It's that Manny has customized his gloves to Sox colors.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BrianAnderson said:

If Rawlings marketing and Twitter staff have been given the news then I think the whole world would know who Manny is signing with. Let's chalk it up to Rawlings wanting free press at a smart time.

I mean it doesn't mean he's signing, but thankfully it also doesn't mean he isn't signing.

3 minutes ago, mqr said:

No that's just the logo. But black and white are so neutral he could wear those with any team and it wouldn't be noticeable. If the White Sox had like Magenta in their color scheme and these gloves had magenta I'd be losing it. 

Hey I understand not getting your hopes up but when you see with the Orioles his gloves were black n orange, in the WBC his gloves were red white and blue and these particular set of gloves are the color scheme of exactly 1 team and that 1 team has been linked to him and the favorite all off-season sorry that screams spoiler alert

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

Well ya black and orange wouldn't match those uniforms... lol. Manny definitely rides with the look good feel good, feel good play good mentality ha

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

Not according to the definitive google image search for "manny machado images"

Also found this photo of him using a solid black glove from earlier in the year. He could have used a black glove with the Dodgers with no "clashing." So, who knows how many gloves he actually used. https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/27/nationals-have-stability-orioles-free-fall/

Also, you don't have to type in the word "image" if you're doing a google image search LOL.

2 minutes ago, Lillian said:

Would someone please post the picture, or a link, of Jake Burger? Please don't tell me that he has gained even more weight. He wasn't exactly svelte, to begin with. Not smart and one would think not helpful for his achilles tendon.

check the other thread that has spring training tweets.

Just now, Roughneck said:

Also found this photo of him using a solid black glove from earlier in the year. He could have used a black glove with the Dodgers with no "clashing." So, who knows how many gloves he actually used. https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/may/27/nationals-have-stability-orioles-free-fall/

Also, you don't have to type in the word "image" if you're doing a google image search LOL.

Guys I already told you you didn't need to search because I already figured it out.

Those were memorial day uniforms. The Orioles in a dark color which would explain a standard black glove which by the way the Rawlings looks to be orange...

1 minute ago, Mooseman said:

Well ya black and orange wouldn't match those uniforms... lol. Manny definitely rides with the look good feel good, feel good play good mentality ha

Regardless, orange is still the Orioles' primary color, and he used that glove in other games where the team wore their normal uniforms. And gloves are hard to break in, so he probably broke it in during spring training and used it along with a few gloves throughout the year.

2 minutes ago, Mooseman said:

Those were memorial day uniforms. The Orioles in a dark color which would explain a standard black glove which by the way the Rawlings looks to be orange...

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/baltimore-orioles-shortstop-manny-machado-prepares-to-tag-news-photo/979798116

This photo was from last year in the normal Orioles uniform and he was using the same glove he used with the Dodgers. Anyway, my point was that while the black and white gloves almost certainly means Manny is leaning towards signing here, he could still change his mind and just switch gloves, anyway. Looks like he uses several throughout the season anyway.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres