Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Hasn't been fun in weeks honestly lol

Welp, only 44 more days until opening day.....so there is that. I doubt it drags on much longer and definitely the dust will be all settled by opening day. But hopefully when he signs it will be a fun time for us fans. Imagine being the fan base that has followed this like a hawk and doesn’t land one of the big 2.....

Edited by beckham15

3 hours ago, smellysox said:

And there he is! Now it's a party!

Sounds like a sure thing but which Thursday. We need a real jock-sniffer to find out what color athletic supporter Manuel is wearing this season. Wonder if we are actually waiting on his wife to decide.  

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just powered through a fuckton of pages, but my opinion is this gets done by Friday at the latest.  Way too much fucking smoke right now for this not to happen and very soon.

People in here have been saying this since the first week of January. This feels no different then the first time we heard Hector say Sox offered 8/250

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Just powered through a fuckton of pages, but my opinion is this gets done by Friday at the latest.  Way too much fucking smoke right now for this not to happen and very soon.

The whole problem for me is that there isn’t any real smoke. It’s all stuff that can easily be thrown out the window as soon as actual smoke starts to show. 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Still think this is all a big “organized chaos” PR campaign from the Sox to build up to the news.  Kinda fits their M.O.  —techy/quirky/off the wall.  It screams “planted” to me.  Also...something new comes out every couple days from “random” people.  I think they’re playing us...

Just now, FT35 said:

Still think this is all a big “organized chaos” PR campaign from the Sox to build up to the news.  Kinda fits their M.O.  —techy/quirky/off the wall.  It screams “planted” to me.  Also...something new comes out every couple days from “random” people.  I think they’re playing us...

If they were close enough to really be playing those games, they'd be sitting down and getting this done. Note that it is not yet done.

42 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Welp, only 44 more days until opening day.....so there is that. I doubt it drags on much longer and definitely the dust will be all settled by opening day. But hopefully when he signs it will be a fun time for us fans. Imagine being the fan base that has followed this like a hawk and doesn’t land one of the big 2.....

Yankees and Cubs fans lol.  Couldn't happen to a better bunch.

10 minutes ago, shipps said:

The whole problem for me is that there isn’t any real smoke. It’s all stuff that can easily be thrown out the window as soon as actual smoke starts to show. 

eh, there's some decent smoke... reason i say that, is because every single indicator this week has pointed to the White Sox which is typically how these long drawn out disputes starting coming to light.

JD Martinez is the example everyone is using and rightfully so. My confidence has moved from 80% to 100% that Manny Machado signs with the White Sox. Mainly because there are NO OTHER suitors for Manny. Lozano is desperately trying to get just some other reasonable offer and he can't. It's just a matter of time at this point; sit back and relax because Machado is going to be a White Sox and in camp within 5 days.

• Like 2

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

If only Jon knew someone whose job it was to look into something interesting like this and, you know, report findings.

If you go on the Rawlings web site and look up the Machado pro model glove for sale, its the exact same model as what's in the pictures, but obviously with white/black leather and laces. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres