Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, SoxAce said:

Considering you said not a snowball's chance in hell the Sox were signing either guy earlier this offseason, these rumors should be more humorous for you.

I don't think anyone could have counted on the big guns completely taking themselves out of the running. Everything had to break just perfectly for it to happen, and now it just might. 

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

I don't think anyone could have counted on the big guns completely taking themselves out of the running. Everything had to break just perfectly for it to happen, and now it just might. 

Good to know that this will be the agenda for the next 3-8 years. 

• Like 1

This thread has been something else...now I’m greedy as all hell and want some Harper news, but instead of posting in that thread I’m going to place it here because posting in that one is like yelling down an empty hallway compared to this one. Any Sox updates on the Harper front? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, shipps said:

Guys how do you not recognize a fake account within like two seconds? We have been obsessed about this for months we have had a ton of practice. 

Just like the rush to be the 1st to report the signing there's also the rush of posting twiiter news on Soxtalk . Fake or legit be damned.

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Jack, please go chug a beer and get hyped!  Your pessimism is derailing the positive vibes in this thread!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, southsider2k5 said:

Tying up 40-50ish percent of future payroll doesn't seem like a great idea to me.

Given where the rest of our roster will be with arbitration, and that the whales probably won't both be here for the 8 or whatever years, it isn't as risky as it sounds 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

To be fair,  this is the definition of pretty much every champion ever.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

Given where the rest of our roster will be with arbitration, and that the whales probably won't both be here for the 8 or whatever years, it isn't as risky as it sounds 

If we get one, I would much rather go for the next tier guys and get 2-3 holes filled.

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

This thread has been something else...now I’m greedy as all hell and want some Harper news, but instead of posting in that thread I’m going to place it here because posting in that one is like yelling down an empty hallway compared to this one. Any Sox updates on the Harper front? 

It was the complete opposite back in December. The Manny Thread was a dead end. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres