Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Remember the good ol days when the bears lost but we had a guy saying by the time we woke up Machado will be a White Sox?

Honestly, even though it’s inevitable, when I pop in here and see that Manny has signed ANYWHERE, I’ll be more shocked than I was when I found out my wife’s godfather gave $150,000 to a stripper and was divorcing her godmother.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, drgiggles15 said:

How many innings does a pitcher need to pitch in the big leagues for their service time to start? For instance, did Kopech get enough innings in the big leagues for his service time to start, similar to what will happen with Eloy?

I don't believe innings have anything to do with it.  Kopech was on the MLB roster when he was injured, so his time is MLB service time.

2 minutes ago, turnin' two said:

I don't believe innings have anything to do with it.  Kopech was on the MLB roster when he was injured, so his time is MLB service time.

Ok thanks, so we lost a year off his contract with us then because of his injury?

Edited by drgiggles15

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

So just to add to the conversation, but on tonight's WS Talk Podcast, Chuck and Vinnie said it's not common for there to be open locker room spots in Spring Training.  They said "veteran's row" is usually full.

I thought I read somewhere earlier in the day saying the exact opposite though, saying that veterans typically get an empty locker here or there because they are veterans.....

Just now, ptatc said:

I will not be following this on page 666 to not jinx anything. So he will sign during that time.

I’m just going to post the alphabet to avoid any jinx to get it to 667....otherwise a bunch of Machado to the Rays tweets gonna start popping out the woodwork lol

3 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

Yeah an MLB player literally posted that.

at their home field at the stadium, Chuck and Vinnie said that's true.  During spring training, they said there's so many players around that it's typically full.

Edited by fathom

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres