Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

53 minutes ago, bmags said:

holy smokes kingery was bad last year.

But man he started off great--lots of MLBTV guys agreeing he was the best player on the field for them...all kinds of ultra positive accolades.  I'd like to think he just lost all confidence at the first sign of struggle, but then the truth hit me...the decline corresponded perfectly with the day I added him in a competitive fantasy league.  He's got an Ian Kinsler skill set but a long way to go.  

Hark! Which of yonder hallowed Prophets of Machado shall prove righteous?

Father Crane, hath thy faith betrayed thee?

In the coming fortnight, shall the skies be pierced by the cries of the faithful? Shall they chant “all hail BROTHER GOMEZ! Like a beacon, thy faith ne’er wavered”?

Edited by Eminor3rd
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

59 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

And he was SO good in Lehigh the year before. Like doing everything. Spraying hits all over the field, stealing clutch bases, making unbelievable diving basket catches. Hitting dongers even though he’s small and it’s a pitchers park. He looked so, so ready for the show. 

Prospects will break your heart, man. Hope he puts it together.

Didn't he get extended too?

41 minutes ago, Orlando said:

On Padres reddit, they seemed to view Paul Crane as their version of Hector Gomez. He constantly tweeted stuff out that was pro Padres. They constantly shared it. Obviously Hector is way more credible but they viewed him similar. They might meltdown after this.

Paul Crane is a real person? I've assumed this whole time it was a fake account with a generic headshot.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

Hark! Which of yonder hallowed Prophets of Machado shall prove righteous?

Father Crane, hath thy faith betrayed thee?

In the coming fortnight, shall the skies be pierced by the cries of the faithful? Shall they chant “all hail BROTHER GOMEZ! Like a beacon, thy faith ne’er wavered”?

And the congregation said

AMEN!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

So we have to pray that Tulo and Andujar don't get hurt?

The Yankees won't offer a huge contract just because Andujar and a washed up Tulowitzki get injured.

By the way, if the Yankees wanted they could always move Andujar to 1B. So the only reason they are not interested would be Luke fucking Voit.

I don't buy that for a second. The Yankees just want more payroll flexibility going forward.

Edited by GermanSoxFan

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

At what point does Machado start to lose leverage. If this really drags into March, we could see teams start to sign Moose, Kuechel, etc...

Sox Safety net. This really only affects the Phillies since they want to compete. Sox and Padres can wait it out for a "bargain". As stated above if Tulo or Andjular get hurt though...

5 minutes ago, Tony said:

It shouldn't surprise you in the least. Literally nothing legitimate out there in the news would tell you this has any sign of wrapping up anytime soon. 

With all due respect, How is a superstar free agent not signing until 15 days before opening day  not something to be suprised about? I understad the lack of real rumors but still. 

Edited by Ben Waffleson

9 minutes ago, Tony said:

It shouldn't surprise you in the least. Literally nothing legitimate out there in the news would tell you this has any sign of wrapping up anytime soon. 

Having really heard anything legitimate either way though. 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres