yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Alright, so now that we’re all back on the two whale bandwagon, what would your lineup look like if we landed both of them?  Here’s mine:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Castillo, C
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Anderson, SS
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Preller out gm-ed by Theo giving up Rizzo

Theo out gm-ed by Hahn giving up Eloy and Cease

Hahn out gm-ed by Preller giving up Tatis Jr

its circular. Everyone sucks sometimes.  Stop crying about it, the guy already said he fucked up.  He knows

Fair enough although I could  add a few bars to that song.  And Byrnes was the GM who sent Rizzo to the Cubs.

Not falling for any of this garbage again, i firmly believe the Sox are the favorites to land Machado based on the obvious....Jay, Alonso, his Rawlings glove, hectors consistent reporting....manny can meet whoever he wants and that’s okay, the only way we lose him if some team blows him away with an offer he can’t turn down and the Sox won’t match it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, beckham15 said:

Not falling for any of this garbage again, i firmly believe the Sox are the favorites to land Machado based on the obvious....Jay, Alonso, his Rawlings glove, hectors consistent reporting....manny can meet whoever he wants and that’s okay, the only way we lose him if some team blows him away with an offer he can’t turn down and the Sox won’t match it

To be honest, that's pretty much how I feel. 

• Like 1

Any bold claims that turn out to be false should result in Swift and powerful moderator action from here on out. You heard it here first Mods. Get the ban stick ready SS2k5

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Alright, so now that we’re all back on the two whale bandwagon, what would your lineup look like if we landed both of them?  Here’s mine:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Castillo, C
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Anderson, SS
  1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Pederson, CF
  6. Jimenez, LF
  7. Alonso, 1B
  8. Castillo, C
  9. Anderson, SS
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Castillo, C
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Anderson, SS

Don’t care how it shakes out at that point as long as they don’t run any guy named Engel out in the lineup we are good.

13 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

Fair enough although I could  add a few bars to that song.  And Byrnes was the GM who sent Rizzo to the Cubs.

I went back and saw that and edited it into my post

7 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:
  1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Pederson, CF
  6. Jimenez, LF
  7. Alonso, 1B
  8. Castillo, C
  9. Anderson, SS

That lineup would have the potential to be the best in baseball.

3 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Don’t care how it shakes out at that point as long as they don’t run any guy named Engel out in the lineup we are good.

Agreed.  He’s a 4th OF or more likely AAA fodder IMO.

1 hour ago, HOFHurt35 said:

I think Kopech and Moncada will be fine.  Giolito is terrible.  

But it's only one full season for those guys, Kopech even less. 

I think that's more of where the angst comes from for Sox fans, seeing the young guys come up and struggle from day one or get hurt coming out of bed.  And that's acceptable.   But I don't see how Manny fixes that.  We'd need 5 Manny Machado's if everyone of these young guys comes up and flops here at the big league level. 

The key to our success is not going to be to get one of these so called "whales."    

Player development.   Can these young elite prospects meet their ceilings at the big league level? 

That's my biggest concern.  

You're right.  Machado alone won't turn this bunch into a winner.
It will revolve around development and talent evaluation. And given the history in that regard, the org. could really use the jump start of Machado.

Plus, there is no one in the pipeline at 3B.

26 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Castillo, C
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Anderson, SS

Swap Machado and Harper, and Jay and Moncada and we're good to go. 

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, joesaiditstrue said:

Starting to wonder if Harper and Machado will sit out the start of the season.

That would really be bad. I mean, cmon pick a team and start counting your money ... and counting your base hits.

15 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Any bold claims that turn out to be false should result in Swift and powerful moderator action from here on out. You heard it here first Mods. Get the ban stick ready SS2k5

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Hate to be that guy but that j Michael Robertson and mlbinsider already broke the news that San Diego met with machado and made a good push. 

Which is now coming out. All of the reports are stating they “met” so they weren’t exactly wrong. 

Just a thought 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Preller out gm-ed by Theo giving up Rizzo

Theo out gm-ed by Hahn giving up Eloy and Cease

Hahn out gm-ed by Preller giving up Tatis Jr

its circular. Everyone sucks sometimes.  Stop crying about it, the guy already said he fucked up.  He knows

edit: it wasn't preller losing Rizzo, but he has his own long list of head scratching moves as well.  He even got the nickname Prellerpalooza

And Preller got hoodwinked by Boras last year in the Hosmer deal. Maybe  Preller is trying to drive down the price on Moustakis , who must be texting his superagent every 20 minutes. Everybody is playing each other. 

I’m the most optimistic guy and have no reason not to be but ... no way it’s both.  For these reasons:  Reinsdorf is trying to build value of franchise for his family and investors.  Saddling franchise with both does not do that.   And Chris Sale is a FA next year.   

Edited by Mbs1969
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, ron883 said:

Are you a grown up person? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I’m the most optimistic guy and have no reason not to be but ... no way it’s both.  For these reasons:  Reinsdorf is trying to build value of franchise for his family and investors.  Saddling franchise with both does not do that.   And Chris Sale is a FA next year.   

Chris Sale will get just as large of a contract (on an AAV basis) and would be far more riskier.  Don’t see how that’s any different than signing Harper & Machado this offseason.

21 minutes ago, South Side Fireworks Man said:

Swap Machado and Harper, and Jay and Moncada and we're good to go. 

Yup. Moncada has said in the past he likes seeing pitches with other hitters to gauge what the pitcher is doing. Hopefully Sox bat him lower in the lineup (not all the way down to 8th, but maybe in the 6th-7th hole. Best case maybe 2nd spot).

1 minute ago, SoxAce said:

Yup. Moncada has said in the past he likes seeing pitches with other hitters to gauge what the pitcher is doing. Hopefully Sox bat him lower in the lineup (not all the way down to 8th, but maybe in the 6th-7th hole. Best case maybe 2nd spot).

Wasn't here a big feature last year about how Moncada wants to hit lead off ?