2. Harper
3. Machado
4. Abreu
5. Eloy
6. Moncada/Jay (if jay, move down)
7. Alonso
8. Castillo
9. Anderson

Moncada struggled against a certain type of pitcher (left or right I forgot) last year big time and had to be switched in the batting order due to that. So reflect it with my BO. Harper needs the 2-hole since his OBP is great. 

16 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I’m the most optimistic guy and have no reason not to be but ... no way it’s both.  For these reasons:  Reinsdorf is trying to build value of franchise for his family and investors.  Saddling franchise with both does not do that.   And Chris Sale is a FA next year.   

Chris Sale will not resign with us. quote me . Ill eat it if it happens

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

I’m the most optimistic guy and have no reason not to be but ... no way it’s both.  For these reasons:  Reinsdorf is trying to build value of franchise for his family and investors.  Saddling franchise with both does not do that.   And Chris Sale is a FA next year.   

I’m not sure adding two superstars in their primes “saddles” them. The franchise is in Chicago, not Miami. 

If they were to get both below market, build up television ratings, season ticket sales, and reach the postseason consistently, would that devalue the franchise?

Do we believe it would be difficult to move these players in 3-4 years with 4-5 years on their deals? 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Ben Waffleson said:

Chris Sale will not resign with us. quote me . Ill eat it if it happens

What are you going to eat ?   Don’t be so sure.    

• Thanks 1

FYI, this guy was one of the first to mention the Padres being in on Machado.  Here are the contract figures he's heard:

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

FYI, this guy was one of the first to mention the Padres being in on Machado.  Here are the contract figures he's heard:

Maybe itll stick.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

He's a New York guy correct? He's saying Yankees and Padres are final two teams and makes it seem Manny will go to NY?

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Except he isn’t including any offer from the Sox. Which does exist and is at least being considered. 

7 minutes ago, fathom said:

Well the Sox could and certainly should top any of those offers.

3 minutes ago, shipps said:

Except he isn’t including any offer from the Sox. Which does exist and is at least being considered. 

Yep and this leads me to think that at least to some extent, Morales is full of shit. Had he included the Sox and their rumored offer I might buy into this more. Meh, grain of salt just like the others.

Going to be nice taking a break from this while being in Nashville the next 3 days.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m sure that a guy with 300 followers has contract details including opt outs before literally everyone else. If he had anything “right” about San Diego it was because some of the poop he slung at the wall stuck. Looking at his timeline doesn’t make me think  otherwise. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

If this is true,  that means the Sox offer has to be bigger than that to be still leading. 

40 minutes ago, shipps said:

Are you a grown up person? 

I'm of legal age if that's what you're asking

If you want to be taken seriously you don't get outbid by the fucking Padres.

If the Padres get him, the White Sox can not spin this as some "glad to be at the final table" BS

Just now, GermanSoxFan said:

If you want to be taken seriously you don't get outbid by the fucking Padres.

If the Padres get him, the White Sox can not spin this as some "glad to be at the final table" BS

Yep, if they lose out on both guys and one of them goes to Padres, there should be no excuses and the fan base should be absolutely livid.

• Like 1

I'm just adding information that's out there, but this article on mlb.com contains this quote:

There's belief that a Padres offer for Machado would likely top those of the other contenders.

https://www.mlb.com/padres/news/manny-machado-being-courted-by-padres/c-303972722

Belief from who? Jaysus. Enough of this stuff. Same has been said about the Sox and Phillies. 

At this point, if there is a higher offer than any existing one given you'd have to think he just takes it and leaves everyone else in the dust for lowballing him. I think he's to the point where he's about to say FU to the other teams and not give them a chance to beat it.