Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

Since we are having fun, say we get both (we won't).  What's the next move?  Do they actually try to then land Dallas and make a push a year early?

No. I did a exercise looking at a "big board" of all our talent or close talent and I think you go through the year and target big bats for the corners like castellanos and make a run at rendon and others.

17 minutes ago, shipps said:

Philly would suck for a sports star though. Its like Chicago except the entire city is the southside. 

And I am from the southside so I can say that. 

Meanwhile in Philly...

https://www.phillyvoice.com/watch-video-shows-property-managers-touring-boobytrapped-row-home/

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Imagine if the Sox Twitter account announced both of them at the same time out of nowhere. No leaks, no Rosenthal, nothing. 

I feel like it would be one of those moments where you can tell even through the internet that everyone is just kind of stunned into silence. There would be a gap because the reporters would be calling to confirm the account wasn't hacked or something.

10 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Trade an outfield prospect for a SP, trade for Joc

Why in the world would they still want Joc? The outfield would be Eloy, Jay and Harper. Geez, how much more hitting do you want? They will need 1 or 2 starters, if they intend to make a run for the Division this year.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lillian said:

Why in the world would they still want Joc? The outfield would be Eloy, Jay and Harper. Geez, how much more hitting do you want? They will need 1 or 2 starters, if they intend to make a run for the Division this year.

I think Jay could be a good 4th OF. Adding Joc would make the lineup extremely deep.

Moncada

Machado

Harper

Jimenez

Abreu

Pederson

Castillo (to break up the lefties)

Alonso

Anderson

• Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres