Jump to content
yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I think that was always a tweet that could be read in a few ways. Most conservative reading was that they were interested in both of them individually, not as a package.

Yep, give me one and let's go

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Guff saying Sox getting both is not likely 

 

Getting one isn't likely. Getting both is lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

No doubt and honestly I was just fucking around, but I do think there is a case for pursuing both if you can land them for about $75M/year.  With our new TV deal, that could give us a good $100M to work with to fill out the rest of the roster and potentially even more.

TV deal dollars won't kick in until next season, just FYI.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

TV deal dollars won't kick in until next season, just FYI.

True, I’m still operating under the assumption we won’t add much outside of the whales this year though and I still think we could squeeze both in right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Guff is in on the posturing angle.  He has immediately backed up almost anything Bruce has said and shot down any reports of the sox going big on Harp/MannyChado

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since I clearly broke the Manny stuff this morning, just one other thought about that Dodgers "report".  It would make a lot of sense if Grandal was the person that told the reporter that Manny could choose the Sox.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Agreed. 

I think that if they got Machado, Keuchel(who is a Buehrle type at this point of his career) and Pollock, with some improvement by Rodon, Lopez and Giolito that is a contender in 2019. 

Quite the departure from your usual negative takes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

True, I’m still operating under the assumption we won’t add much outside of the whales this year though and I still think we could squeeze both in right now.

I have always thought that if we add one of the superstars, then we probably dip into the Tier B and Tier C guys a bit more.  I see a near zero chance that we add both superstars.  In the case of Machado, I think we add another SP and maybe another OF.  If it is Harper, we look for a 3B and an SP for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

Since I clearly broke the Manny stuff this morning, just one other thought about that Dodgers "report".  It would make a lot of sense if Grandal was the person that told the reporter that Manny could choose the Sox.

They close?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

TV deal dollars won't kick in until next season, just FYI.

Just in time to sign Arenado next winter. 3B Arenado SS Machado 2B Moncada 1B Machado's brother in law C Anderson. Its all of SoxTalk's best infield ideas rolled up into one compact ball of poo waiting for the next dung beetle to stroll by and roll it away. 

  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there anywhere on the Internet where fans from all teams have threads updating nonstop discussing all this stuff.  Like the way we are right now sniffing ever twitter, but not just Sox fans.   The espn boards would be awesome now in the Twitter age. Anybody know anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jerksticks said:

Is there anywhere on the Internet where fans from all teams have threads updating nonstop discussing all this stuff.  Like the way we are right now sniffing ever twitter, but not just Sox fans.   The espn boards would be awesome now in the Twitter age. Anybody know anywhere?

r/baseball

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BlackSox13 said:

Just in time to sign Arenado next winter. 3B Arenado SS Machado 2B Moncada 1B Machado's brother in law C Anderson. Its all of SoxTalk's best infield ideas rolled up into one compact ball of poo waiting for the next dung beetle to stroll by and roll it away. 

Can somebody photoshop Anderson with catching gear on, maybe holding his mask with a backwards helmet?  Banner update

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Is there anywhere on the Internet where fans from all teams have threads updating nonstop discussing all this stuff.  Like the way we are right now sniffing ever twitter, but not just Sox fans.   The espn boards would be awesome now in the Twitter age. Anybody know anywhere?

MLBTradeRumors, but it’s a complete wasteland where you’ll be called a homo or retard if you disagree with anyone.  So basically it’s the equivalent of YouTube’s comments section.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have always thought that if we add one of the superstars, then we probably dip into the Tier B and Tier C guys a bit more.  I see a near zero chance that we add both superstars.  In the case of Machado, I think we add another SP and maybe another OF.  If it is Harper, we look for a 3B and an SP for sure.

Manny/Gio/Adam Jones vs Harper/Gio/Dozier (Yoan goes to 3rd)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jerksticks said:

Can somebody photoshop Anderson with catching gear on, maybe holding his mask with a backwards helmet?  Banner update

I second this! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, fathom said:

Manny/Gio/Adam Jones vs Harper/Gio/Dozier (Yoan goes to 3rd)

If Harper is signed Yoan is 100% moving to third in my mind. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

I have always thought that if we add one of the superstars, then we probably dip into the Tier B and Tier C guys a bit more.  I see a near zero chance that we add both superstars.  In the case of Machado, I think we add another SP and maybe another OF.  If it is Harper, we look for a 3B and an SP for sure.

I have thought the same. If they fail to land one, I would assume another tank year. If they get one, full steam ahead toward contention. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if yankees offer is to machado 4 years $200M and white sox offer 7 years $300M would he pass up the money to be a yankee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×