Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

17 minutes ago, Eminor3rd said:

...but there are so many random weirdos trying to guess correctly to earn their 15 minutes of fame, that every tweet you see must be treated as 100% meaningless. We won’t know who had it right until it’s already done, so there’s nothing to gain from speculating on these guys. 

Agreed, but even then, what will those 15 minutes of fame honestly get them? This entire "insider" thing is really fucking pathetic. Oh, you know where someone will sign for hundreds of millions of dollars, not a cent of which will go to you? You have a sauce? Awesome! It's like barnacles hitching a ride on the bottom of the fucking Titanic. Parasites. 

• Like 1

Just now, BackDoorBreach said:

I read it, so the guy is reporting based on a source of a source that Harper might be signing with the Giants.

That would be incredibly stupid for a lefty power bat and that current roster.  Not buying that.

The link posted up-page? That seems to say he is signing with Philly, although its not entirely clear.

3 minutes ago, daggins said:

The link posted up-page? That seems to say he is signing with Philly, although its not entirely clear.

2 minutes ago, bmags said:

I know we all want resolution but when I say I want resolution I really only mean the resolution that ends with one of those dudes on the white sox otherwise i'd rather live in this world where it's possible.

This and this.....

3 minutes ago, daggins said:

Ha, yeah that's weird, another link from Fathom on the interview said he guessed giants. I haven't listened to the radio interview.

I very much believe the reports that Machado is holding out for $300 million. Why wouldn't he? Have to think that some team, at some point, eventually will just do it. Maybe its tomorrow, maybe its the day before Opening Day, but I think he holds out for that. And if its true that he has offers in the 8-year, $260 million range, I have no reason to think that whoever those teams are offering that, would have no problem adding an extra 2 years and 40 million on to that offer.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt

10 minutes ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I read it, so the guy is reporting based on a source of a source that Harper might be signing with the Giants.

That would be incredibly stupid for a lefty power bat and that current roster.  Not buying that.

He doesn't know the team, he's guessing there, but he does seem to have some Harper edge.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He doesn't know the team, he's guessing there, but he does seem to have some Harper edge.

I just don't see them in a realistic scenario for Harper.  That park would would kill his power numbers pretty substantially.  And they suck with a bunch of bad contracts.  But yeah I get it was a guess.

1 minute ago, BackDoorBreach said:

I just don't see them in a realistic scenario for Harper.  That park would would kill his power numbers pretty substantially.  And they suck with a bunch of bad contracts.  But yeah I get it was a guess.

Maybe we underestimated how much harper wants to watch the golden state warriors.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres