Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Princess Dye said:

i'm kind of in and out here but can someone kind of explain 'peavy44' briefly? just so i know how to weigh all of...whatever..that is

He came in a few weeks ago with some info he gleaned from a White Sox FB messageboard about Harper's friends or something.  The funny thing is that the info he had was probably right but he types like my dad so everyone makes fun of him.  Also he has a disease where he can't stop posting.  At first I thought he was kind of funny in a car crash sort of way but now it's grating.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, Nokona said:

He came in a few weeks ago with some info he gleaned from a White Sox FB messageboard about Harper's friends or something.  The funny thing is that the info he had was probably right but he types like my dad so everyone makes fun of him.  Also he has a disease where he can't stop posting.  At first I thought he was kind of funny in a car crash sort of way but now it's grating.

I finally ignored him. It's just too much to handle. I highly doubt his info was correct. he was saying the Sox offered Harper 12 years $424 mill or something like that.

Hello everyone.  Just want to clear a few things up - someone DM'd me this thread today looking for info/clarification on what I know/don't know.

-I know the sox are in a very good spot.  This bucket (?) guy probably knows more than me.  I don't care that he does, in fact I hope he does.  Some people are acting like he's talking shit to me, he's not.  We're all sox fans here.  We all want what's best for the org

-I have zero clue what the financials of the offer are.  I do know it's 7 years.  I assume they have room to budge if they need to.  Right now, as far as I'm aware, they don't need to.  I would assume it's for an AAV record of about $35MM, so I was just putting two and two together.  I could be incorrect there.  I wanted to clear that up because people are speaking as if I was stating it as fact.

- I know there are a lot of people that don't like me in here.  To each there own.  I know my humor and style isn't for everyone.  I am who I am.  

- I typically avoid message boards, facebook forums, etc. They can be good communities but they also lead to fans wanting to jump down each others throat.  The few times I've meandered to these forums I saw that, so I haven't been here hardly ever since I knew they existed

- if anyone has any questions let me know, because I'm not gonna make it a regular thing posting here.  I don't want other people's brains seeping into my brain now that I have to cover the sox for my job

PS - I'm blogging this as we speak

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, wsd said:

Hello everyone.  Just want to clear a few things up - someone DM'd me this thread today looking for info/clarification on what I know/don't know.

-I know the sox are in a very good spot.  This bucket (?) guy probably knows more than me.  I don't care that he does, in fact I hope he does.  Some people are acting like he's talking shit to me, he's not.  We're all sox fans here.  We all want what's best for the org

-I have zero clue what the financials of the offer are.  I do know it's 7 years.  I assume they have room to budge if they need to.  Right now, as far as I'm aware, they don't need to.  I would assume it's for an AAV record of about $35MM, so I was just putting two and two together.  I could be incorrect there.  I wanted to clear that up because people are speaking as if I was stating it as fact.

- I know there are a lot of people that don't like me in here.  To each there own.  I know my humor and style isn't for everyone.  I am who I am.  

- I typically avoid message boards, facebook forums, etc. They can be good communities but they also lead to fans wanting to jump down each others throat.  The few times I've meandered to these forums I saw that, so I haven't been here hardly ever since I knew they existed

- if anyone has any questions let me know, because I'm not gonna make it a regular thing posting here.  I don't want other people's brains seeping into my brain now that I have to cover the sox for my job

PS - I'm blogging this as we speak

Welcome!  Did you have a beef for lunch?  

• Haha 2

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres