Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, fathom said:

FWIW, Jim Bowden also said today that he thinks if the Phillies get Harper, then it's between Sox and Padres for Manny (with Yankees looming on a short-term deal).  He suggested that the Sox leaking contract info a while back might have upset Manny and Lozano.

Who cares. Lozano just wants the most money; Lozano is the biggest dirt ball in the agent world which is truly saying something.

He's not going to leave commission on the table because he got mad at the White Sox. He knows he leaks bullshit all the time. None of this is personal.

1 minute ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Who cares. Lozano just wants the most money; Lozano is the biggest dirt ball in the agent world which is truly saying something.

He's not going to leave commission on the table because he got mad at the White Sox. He knows he leaks bullshit all the time. None of this is personal.

Is Lozano really that different than any other agent? Part of their job is to get the most for their clients.

5 minutes ago, Fuagman said:

Even though Preller is a scary wild card, he can’t be THAT crazy to spend all his money, while in a solid division,  when his starting rotation is:
Joey Lucchesi
Robbie Erlin
Bryan Mitchell 
Eric Lauer
Luis Perdomo

Yes they have a lot of solid SP prospects but they’re young with uncertainties. They don’t have a Kopech or Rodon, or even a Lopez. They need that money for SP. 

At least when he went crazy in 2015 (and fell flat on his face)  with upton, Myers, kimbrel, they had Kennedy and Tyson Ross coming off solid years, got James shields and Andrew cashner was expected to still somebody

Keuchel theoretically would do well out there...Gio wouldn't be a bad sign, either.

16 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Is Lozano really that different than any other agent? Part of their job is to get the most for their clients.

Yes, he is different.  He lies to his clients, and plays two face. Lozano is about as shitty of a human as you'll find. Give this a read if you're interested:

https://deadspin.com/dan-lozano-albert-pujolss-superagent-king-of-sleaze-5861982

4 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Yes, he is different.  He lies to his clients, and plays two face. Lozano is about as shitty of a human as you'll find. Give this a read if you're interested:

https://deadspin.com/dan-lozano-albert-pujolss-superagent-king-of-sleaze-5861982

With all do respect, deadspin, really? 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

With all do respect, deadspin, really? 

This was when deadspin was a good platform so I'm not sure why you're saying really. This was when they were a good investigative site with good indepth stories. That article is from 2011 - the things in there are facts. Don't hate the source, read the story.

Edited by Look at Ray Ray Run
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hi8is said:

The whole basis of “rep points” only started recently, smart guy.

It was a joke. 

Anyway, you are one of my favorite posters here, but you do need to understand not every comment here has to be serious. People are also entitled to their own opinions and can vent about the team as they see fit. 

Enjoy your Saturday!

28 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

It was a joke. 

Anyway, you are one of my favorite posters here, but you do need to understand not every comment here has to be serious. People are also entitled to their own opinions and can vent about the team as they see fit. 

Enjoy your Saturday!

Very serious place. Very serious people. Very serious topics.

1 hour ago, Orlando said:

That makes a lot of sense. All of Chicago media and anyone who has broken Sox news in the past were reporting 7/175 when Lozano came out and condemned it. That was pointed at the Sox.

What would be the motivation for the Sox to leak 7/175?  That would only bring more teams into the mix to bid for his services.  Lozano would have the most to gain by leaking that.  

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

This was when deadspin was a good platform so I'm not sure why you're saying really. This was when they were a good investigative site with good indepth stories. That article is from 2011 - the things in there are facts. Don't hate the source, read the story.

Or just look at the pictures, which definitely don’t lie.

7 minutes ago, Justinsettle said:

What would be the motivation for the Sox to leak 7/175?  That would only bring more teams into the mix to bid for his services.  Lozano would have the most to gain by leaking that.  

How can people dispute that the Sox leaked that when Merkin and Garfein and a bunch of Chicago news paper nobody’s reported it? 

14 minutes ago, hi8is said:

Very serious place. Very serious people. Very serious topics.

Not really. People can make jokes dude. We've made plenty of them this thread and in others. Hell, the title of this thread adds a little comedic flavor instead of just saying "The Manny Machado Thread". If posters aren't attacking other posters and things are light hearted who cares? We are all Sox fans cheering for the same objectives. 

Lastly, this place is so serious that 10 people repped my joke about you already.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

He is an agent, they are usually lawyers and shady guys. I honestly wouldn't trust them if i had them, but would appreciate their efforts in getting me paid. 

1 minute ago, SonofaRoache said:

He is an agent, they are usually lawyers and shady guys. I honestly wouldn't trust them if i had them, but would appreciate their efforts in getting me paid. 

He didn't even have a degree.

Agents aren't the best people alive, but this guy makes the rest look like Mother Theresa. 

As we recall, Lozano made mention of possible CBA violations and/or lying. Here was the quote "I don’t know if their sources are blatantly violating the Collective Bargaining Agreement by intentionally misleading them to try and affect negotiations through the public or are just flat out lying to them for other reasons.".

The media isn't bound by the CBA - so he clearly was accusing a team there. And the Sox possible intent would be obvious. Float low numbers out there to hopefully prevent huge offers being thrown Manny's way. Yeah it would bring more suitors, but it would be low limit suitors the Sox would probably be comfortable that they could pass with an offer.

2 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well that is a game changer I admit. I wouldn't hire an agent with no degree. 

A quote from the piece:

With Lozano, that question is always there. Through the years, he has told clients and colleagues that his career began in 1990 as a kid fresh out of USC, where he played Division I ball and earned a law degree. Every part of that sentence is false. Lozano never passed the bar, never went to law school, didn't even earn an undergraduate degree. He told USA Today that he was just one Spanish class shy of graduating, but he once told a co-worker he lasted only "a few semesters." (He also told USA Today he dropped out because he was "negotiating the biggest deal in baseball history." He was referring to Mike Piazza's gargantuan Mets contract, which was signed nine years after he dropped out.) As for his boast of playing baseball for the Trojans? Longtime USC coach Mike Gillespie has no recollection of Lozano, and his name appears nowhere in a list of all-time letterwinners. It's not for nothing that, according to colleagues, people in the BHSC office took to calling him "Lie-zo."

lol

8 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Well that is a game changer I admit. I wouldn't hire an agent with no degree. 

Maybe not, but I am sure his agency makes up for that with lawyers and tax guys. It might be better to have a street smart guy who won’t flinch doing the negotiating. He has a pretty impressive client list.

5 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Maybe not, but I am sure his agency makes up for that with lawyers and tax guys. It might be better to have a street smart guy who won’t flinch doing the negotiating. He has a pretty impressive client list.

Lozano is desperate for cash and will worry about himself before his client - that's not exactly what you want in your agent. 

Dick, I'll be honest, you have some of the most interesting takes here. Having a guy who lies about everything - even my salary offerings so that he can claim he talked them up to give me more - is not exactly what I want out of my agent. 

Also, why would Boras "use" the White Sox. If they offered the most money, that's where Harper would go. He wasn't using them. 

27 minutes ago, SonofaRoache said:

Not really. People can make jokes dude. We've made plenty of them this thread and in others. Hell, the title of this thread adds a little comedic flavor instead of just saying "The Manny Machado Thread". If posters aren't attacking other posters and things are light hearted who cares? We are all Sox fans cheering for the same objectives. 

Lastly, this place is so serious that 10 people repped my joke about you already.  

SERIOUS PLACE. SERIOUS PEOPLE. SERIOUS TOPICS.

no fun allowed, boo-boo.

26 minutes ago, Look at Ray Ray Run said:

Lozano is desperate for cash and will worry about himself before his client - that's not exactly what you want in your agent. 

Dick, I'll be honest, you have some of the most interesting takes here. Having a guy who lies about everything - even my salary offerings so that he can claim he talked them up to give me more - is not exactly what I want out of my agent. 

Also, why would Boras "use" the White Sox. If they offered the most money, that's where Harper would go. He wasn't using them. 

First off, the 7 year old Deadspin articles sources were people upset the lying, cheating, despicable Lozano left their agency and created a new one I don’t know where you come up with desperate for cash. According to Forbes, he made $27 million the first 9 months of last year.. And with the White Sox being used, it had to do with Bowdens comment that he was never going to sign with a team that wouldn’t contend in 2019. If that is true, how were they not used?

Edited by Dick Allen

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres