Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

4 minutes ago, wsd said:

Hello everyone.  Just want to clear a few things up - someone DM'd me this thread today looking for info/clarification on what I know/don't know.

-I know the sox are in a very good spot.  This bucket (?) guy probably knows more than me.  I don't care that he does, in fact I hope he does.  Some people are acting like he's talking shit to me, he's not.  We're all sox fans here.  We all want what's best for the org

-I have zero clue what the financials of the offer are.  I do know it's 7 years.  I assume they have room to budge if they need to.  Right now, as far as I'm aware, they don't need to.  I would assume it's for an AAV record of about $35MM, so I was just putting two and two together.  I could be incorrect there.  I wanted to clear that up because people are speaking as if I was stating it as fact.

- I know there are a lot of people that don't like me in here.  To each there own.  I know my humor and style isn't for everyone.  I am who I am.  

- I typically avoid message boards, facebook forums, etc. They can be good communities but they also lead to fans wanting to jump down each others throat.  The few times I've meandered to these forums I saw that, so I haven't been here hardly ever since I knew they existed

- if anyone has any questions let me know, because I'm not gonna make it a regular thing posting here.  I don't want other people's brains seeping into my brain now that I have to cover the sox for my job

PS - I'm blogging this as we speak

Thank you. Very kind of you to take the time to come and post here. Good luck .

7 minutes ago, wsd said:

Hello everyone.  Just want to clear a few things up - someone DM'd me this thread today looking for info/clarification on what I know/don't know.

-I know the sox are in a very good spot.  This bucket (?) guy probably knows more than me.  I don't care that he does, in fact I hope he does.  Some people are acting like he's talking shit to me, he's not.  We're all sox fans here.  We all want what's best for the org

-I have zero clue what the financials of the offer are.  I do know it's 7 years.  I assume they have room to budge if they need to.  Right now, as far as I'm aware, they don't need to.  I would assume it's for an AAV record of about $35MM, so I was just putting two and two together.  I could be incorrect there.  I wanted to clear that up because people are speaking as if I was stating it as fact.

- I know there are a lot of people that don't like me in here.  To each there own.  I know my humor and style isn't for everyone.  I am who I am.  

- I typically avoid message boards, facebook forums, etc. They can be good communities but they also lead to fans wanting to jump down each others throat.  The few times I've meandered to these forums I saw that, so I haven't been here hardly ever since I knew they existed

- if anyone has any questions let me know, because I'm not gonna make it a regular thing posting here.  I don't want other people's brains seeping into my brain now that I have to cover the sox for my job

Thanks for the update, we will remove the details from the headline.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wsd said:

Thank you for blessing us with your presence. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, wsd said:

Also how do you turn push notifications off?  I can't get hammered with those all day for this

When to go to respond to post look in the lower left corner  . It says notify me of replies. I think by default it's got a check mark and is green Just click on it and it will turn grey (off). I think thats just for the reply notification on the board, Not sure if it applies to emails.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

7 minutes ago, wsd said:

Also how do you turn push notifications off?  I can't get hammered with those all day for this

On desktop click your name in the top right, go to account settings, and there is a notification settings link.

7 minutes ago, wsd said:

Diet started yesterday.  I've gotten fat AF the last 4-5 months.  

Hi Dave, few questions:

-Did you run the Chicago marathon in 2017?

-Any idea on timeline of when this Machado signing will wrap up?

- Do you expect your source will get you the Machado signing before its public knowledge? Are you going to be able publicly announce on twitter if you do get some juicy info? or are you going to avoid it since your good friend Rick has said this stuff can mess with White Sox Business?

-Chances of you being the Chicago kicker version of Vince Papale at bears tryouts?

4 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

A lot of people (not just on this site) pegged 10 years and $300m as the floor so anything cheaper than that I would consider good.

Frankly, if there's an offer of 7/$245 on the table, I wouldn't hesitate at all to add 3 years and $15 million per year to the back side, stick an opt out in somewhere, and have it be a 10/$290 deal. There's a decent chance that We'll actually want him in his mid-30s at a price of $15 mil per year.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres