yesterday333

Machado signs with Padres 10/300

7 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

On desktop click your name in the top right, go to account settings, and there is a notification settings link.

Damnit, you weren't supposed to tell him until Machado signed!

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

CrypticRabbit lol

Silly raBBit, teasing is for a bunch of news-hungry psychos on a message board

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

@wsd @raBBit  when will signal (👀) be given?

Not from me. 

This seems to be playing out just exactly as the Sox needed it to. Yankees ownership is not playing ball. Machado/Lozano prefer Sox to Phillies. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Silly raBBit, teasing is for a bunch of news-hungry psychos on a message board

That was a tweet...

Just now, Whitesox27 said:

I'm trying soooooooooooo hard to not get my hopes up.

After months of doing the same, this past week has totally flipped me. Once the New Year turned everything I've heard regarding Machado/Sox/Yankees has been optimistic for Sox and negative for Yankees.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, raBBit said:

After months of doing the same, this past week has totally flipped me. Once the New Year turned everything I've heard regarding Machado/Sox/Yankees has been optimistic for Sox and negative for Yankees.

Where do you think the Phillies stand in all of this?  Rumor earlier today that they plan to up their offer to Manny this week.  We know that Manny apparently prefers Chicago to Philly, and I am sure playing with 3 of his closest friends helps the Sox as well.  But if the Phillies come in and offer like 8/$300M - he still probably signs there, right?  

4 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Thanks raBBit. Seems like you get good info so I'm praying you're right!

1 minute ago, Tony said:

It's time to get your hopes up. We're going to see some more bad baseball in 2019 with or without Manny, this is the time to enjoy White Sox baseball. 😀

This is the fun part, for now.

Personally, I'm not getting my hopes up yet. I generally have a positive outlook on most things, but I'll believe this when it happens. There is obviously some actual good info backing up what Rabbit says, unlike that Australian douche guy on twitter, but I won't get high or low based on any reports. Lots could still change.

• Like 1

If he signs with the Sox and it is announced tomorrow, it better be around 4pm or later. Otherwise, I'm getting nothing done at work.

Edit: that goes for any day of the week.

Edited by soxfan2014

3 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

But if the Phillies come in and offer like 8/$300M - he still probably signs there, right?  

He knows not.

31 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Nice, imma need a good cook too.

I can make a nice mofongo..... But would have to learn mangu....

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Where do you think the Phillies stand in all of this?  Rumor earlier today that they plan to up their offer to Manny this week.  We know that Manny apparently prefers Chicago to Philly, and I am sure playing with 3 of his closest friends helps the Sox as well.  But if the Phillies come in and offer like 8/$300M - he still probably signs there, right?  

Seems like this could just as easily be about Harper as it is Machado. Making it seem like they aren't solely focused on Harper for leverage sake.

One of these guys needs to sign soon please.

5 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

Thanks raBBit. Seems like you get good info so I'm praying you're right!

I'm pretty sure he is basing this on the info we all already know.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Tony said:

It's time to get your hopes up. We're going to see some more bad baseball in 2019 with or without Manny, this is the time to enjoy White Sox baseball. 😀

This is the fun part, for now.

The starting pitching will be extremely suspect but if they land Machado they might have the best lineup in the division. That is if Moncada improves and Eloy is what we hope he will be. a 3-4-5-6 of Machado, Abreu, Eloy and Yonder is pretty good. 

Edited by Sockin

3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

I'm pretty sure he is basing this on the info we all already know.

He has more insight than us.