Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

13 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Yeah, the jacket and chain are pretty Tony Montana. But it's those shades, man. Those shades are weird. Maybe it's not Bond villain, maybe it's Dr. Strangelove.

That is a good one. Dr. Strangelove wins.

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Seen them all but in that get-up the eye bleed fits.

Wasn't that also one of the Mission Impossible movies?

At any rate, let's get Dr. Drew on SoxTalk for an exclusive interview about the positives and negatives of a teammate having his brother-in-law on the same team when they're on the road 90-100 nights per year (unless Mrs. Machado actually travels to every city with him, which is not easy to do but not impossible with nannies and au pairs).  Edit:  Seems they don't have any children yet, scratch the last part.

The pair is deeply and madly in love with each other and is often spotted hanging out and vacations together. If you go across Yainee Alonso and Machado’s Instagram, you see their pictures together with a loving caption. Those photos clearly reflect that the couple is happy together and is supportive of one-another.

The duo does not have any child till the date. Also, there is no any news of Yainee Alonso’s pregnancy in the media. The couple is still enjoying their honeymoon phase and is not in a hurry to welcome a new member to their family. The pair is happy with their two dogs.

https://thecelebscloset.com/manny-machados-wife-yainee-alonson-married-children-career/

Why didn't we get Mark Buehrle involved in the recruiting, speaking of dog lovers...?

Edited by caulfield12

1 minute ago, caulfield12 said:

At any rate, let's get Dr. Drew on SoxTalk for an exclusive interview about the positives and negatives of a teammate having his brother-in-law on the same team when they're on the road 90-100 nights per year (unless Mrs. Machado actually travels to every city with him, which is not easy to do but not impossible with nannies and au pairs).

BBEB3EB81EEAF78EE6378C92930CB60CA3E43B1F

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

those shitty shades that don't look good on anybody are all the rage right now.  I blame quavo.

image.jpeg

Hey, hey, shhhhhhh. Don't tick him off.  They look really good on him. They even gave them away when he bought a bowl of soup.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

At any rate, let's get Dr. Drew on SoxTalk for an exclusive interview about the positives and negatives of a teammate having his brother-in-law on the same team when they're on the road 90-100 nights per year (unless Mrs. Machado actually travels to every city with him, which is not easy to do but not impossible with nannies and au pairs).

Maybe. But the villain in the Daniel Craig movie with the poker game had a villain where his eye bled.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ptatc said:

Maybe. But the villain in the Daniel Craig movie with the poker game had a villain where his eye bled.

That's the one I was thinking of....Mads Mikkelson or something is his name.  Maybe it's because he was also in the most recent MI film (albeit with no bleeding eye, just submerged in an armored car at the bottom of the Seine.)

Great work, I'm on a roll, that was actually Sean Harris.

Edited by caulfield12

Just now, caulfield12 said:

That's the one I was thinking of....Mads Mikkelson or something is his name.  Maybe it's because he was also in the most recent MI film (albeit with no bleeding eye, just submerged in an armored car at the bottom of the Seine.)

That's right he was in that too. Not a fan of the MI movies in general.

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

those shitty shades that don't look good on anybody are all the rage right now.  I blame quavo.

image.jpeg

I honestly have no idea who that is. I could identify a picture of the Russian Foreign Minister during WWI without help, but that guy? Nope. I'm very proud of my total ignorance of modern pop culture.

• Like 1

Just now, The Sir said:

I honestly have no idea who that is. I could identify a picture of the Russian Foreign Minister during WWI without help, but that guy? Nope. I'm very proud of my total ignorance of modern pop culture.

I've never heard of Quavo until that post, I thought it was Tupac at first glance. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Don't really care about the headline here, and I don't think anyone else should. Just want to say that's the weirdest get-up I've ever seen on a dude. He looks a James Bond villain.

I suppose rich people get to have really odd tastes.

When he signs this big contract, he can finally afford a shirt to go under the jacket. 

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, The Sir said:

On this we agree.

10 minutes ago, ptatc said:

On this we agree.

Most of what I know about this shit comes from the high school students I teach. Some of my coworkers joke that I'm a younger version of Principal Vernon from The Breakfast Club. Which happens to be on TV right now, and uh, yeah, I definitely see it.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres