Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

10 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

Well this thread has grown by about 12 or so pages since I last looked, can anyone fill me in with a brief summary of today?

are we in or out today? Judging by the Moustakas thread are things looking down?

Bucket & WSD both postsd they’re optimistic, so things appear to moving in a positive direction.

You guys need to calm your tits! Just go with the flow, I've been near 90% confident this entire offseason that we were going to get one of Machado and Harper and I'm 50% confident will get both. Now I'm 99% confident Machado signs with us. If he doesn't, I'll blame Hahn and riot. 

• Like 1

I'm a teenager for a couple of more months, and I do agree that the modern pop culture sucks. My generation is unfortunate to grow up in this time tbh. Not to get off topic, but music today is straight trash. Nobody makes their own music and nobody makes good rock music. Back to machado

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So much good music out there man.  The pool is just really fucking deep and you gotta dive deep these days.  The days of the record labels curating the shit is well over.  It's the sound cloud and Itunes era.

Exactly this. As a country fan I thought all of it had turned into hick-hop, but now I found so many awesome artists that aren't in the mainstream. Cody Jinks, Turnpike Troubadours, Whiskey Myers, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Flatland Cavalry. The only hard part is identifying a genre now because there are so many cool genres and sub genres that all have good artists and artists that cross over much more. But now I know where to look because the non-mainstream genres like red dirt country and americana don't have the same radio play, so they don't get pop-ified. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

A gentleman by the name of Ernesto Jerez, who works for ESPN, seems to be saying that Machado to the Yankees is all but complete.

Another 180 or is it a 270? This is so confusing. Arguing music is more clear cut.

2 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

Exactly this. As a country fan I thought all of it had turned into hick-hop, but now I found so many awesome artists that aren't in the mainstream. Cody Jinks, Turnpike Troubadours, Whiskey Myers, Sturgill Simpson, Tyler Childers, Flatland Cavalry. The only hard part is identifying a genre now because there are so many cool genres and sub genres that all have good artists and artists that cross over much more. But now I know where to look because the non-mainstream genres like red dirt country and americana don't have the same radio play, so they don't get pop-ified. 

I do like the turnpike troubadour. Although I don't know the rest.

16 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

So much good music out there man.  The pool is just really fucking deep and you gotta dive deep these days.  The days of the record labels curating the shit is well over.  It's the sound cloud and Itunes era.

I listened to the whole first one, and very quickly on the second one. First one's got a catchy beat. That deep three-peat beat that resounds through the first one (forgive my terminology, I'm not a musician; my wife is, she'd probably freak out that I'm that dense) is mesmerizing. So it's not bad. Definitely didn't regret listening to it, and I appreciate you dropping it in.

Just when you say golden age, I think best ever. Is this really the best ever? Don't really know what you mean about record labels curating, because I just don't know this history, but I know what's out there. Think Voodoo Chile. Think about that intro. THAT is golden age, dude.

And apparently, my love for Whitesnake is controversial. Whatever. They got that chick who beat the shit out of Chuck Finley to dance on their hood. Can't be too bad!

5 minutes ago, GenericUserName said:

:D

edit: the above is for you chitown.

I do the same thing man. I rarely listen to the radio and just search for my own music. I listen to bands from all over the world.

Edited by BlackSox13
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

there's a lot of great production and beat making.  Obviously the lyrics and flow on top of it are often pretty bad.  But Playboi Carti is fire you can't convince me otherwise.  I'm a hip hop head and there's more out there than just mumble rap if that's not your thing.  Just got dig a bit or listen to curated stuff.  KEXP's street sounds is a good start you can listen online.

I’ll admit there are some decent beats, but the actual rapping is beyond terrible and the kids today fucking love it.  Mad props for Eminem destroying mumble rappers on “Lucky You”.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres