Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Ohh a Buggles reference. Nice. This must be the Plastic Age.

I think unfortunately we are living in what one day will be referred to the social media age. Discourse has definitely gone down since Facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. Its all about the likes and internet fame.

I sound like a dinosaur, but I guess thats what happens when you have spent almost 50% of your life on the same message board. I can still remember my first post, its a damn shame it got wiped in the first extinction. It was so brilliant and terrible at the same time.

• Love 1

Just now, Soxbadger said:

I think unfortunately we are living in what one day will be referred to the social media age. Discourse has definitely gone down since Facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. Its all about the likes and internet fame.

I sound like a dinosaur, but I guess thats what happens when you have spent almost 50% of your life on the same message board. I can still remember my first post, its a damn shame it got wiped in the first extinction. It was so brilliant and terrible at the same time.

That’s what makes us all family!!! 

16 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

This site has gone to shit. The mods have no interest in regulating the inmates, so it’s just a bunch of dumb idiots. 

I can no longer trust soxtalk more than rotoworld. Where are my Fathom, SS2K, Heads, Soxbadger, Knightni, Kalapse, Gage, Tru, Zoom, etc? Just a bunch of numbnuts pontificating over nonsense.  

Bring me home, Soxtalk Champions! Let’s stay engaged. 

Everybody run! Old man Steve has woken up from his nap! We better get off his lawn!

😆

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

If I am getting what you just said that would put you in your early 30's and you feel like a dinosaur ? I was already 22 in1980 where The Buggles album The Age of Plastic came out and Video Killed the Radio Star became the 1st ever video played on MTV. Still one of the best albums from the post punk , new wave and electronic synth pop era.

14 minutes ago, Chisoxfn said:

He was so fucking good. If that can be Eloy...Ooooh man. 

It's a pretty good comparison actually. We always heard about how smart of a hitter Ramirez was and we hear pretty much the same about Eloy making in game adjustments also. In my mind he is as close to a sure thing the Sox have had since the Big Hurt. In another 5 years we will see his name plastered all over Sox talk in posters screen names like we do now with the Big Hurt.

36 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

This site has gone to shit. The mods have no interest in regulating the inmates, so it’s just a bunch of dumb idiots. 

I can no longer trust soxtalk more than rotoworld. Where are my Fathom, SS2K, Heads, Soxbadger, Knightni, Kalapse, Gage, Tru, Zoom, etc? Just a bunch of numbnuts pontificating over nonsense.  

Oh, Steven.

This is it. The culmination of smoke in all directions, the signing of the Miami brotherhood, the days and days and days refreshing this site and twitter, the patience of this fanbase with mediocrity, the "little losers" label, the "will not spend money, White Sox" is here to end TODAY. I can feel it.

LET'S DO THIS, MANNY!

GO SOX and good luck ladies and gentlemen!

Edited by Ross Gload Fan
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

So a number of the rumors say today is the day, right?

Yes, according to those with information. It’s time for the sources to put up or shut up and then it’s time to have a Friday press conference with the team’s acquisitions.

Edited by The Beast

11 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Yes, according to those with information. It’s time for the sources to put up or shut up and then it’s time to have a Friday press conference with the team’s acquisitions.

Did anyone actually say it was happening today?

7 hours ago, Steve9347 said:

Aw, I just can't quit you :wub:

• Love 1

There is zero indication anything will happen today. I find it hard to believe the largest sports contract in North American history is a few hours from being announced when *zero* reporters have given an indication something is imminent.

Hopefully I'm wrong and Machado is a White Sox within a few hours.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres