Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Anyone else hear that Nightengale is saying our offer is under 200 now?  Saw something on twitter referring to him be on xm radio

That would be incredibly ballsy, if not suicidal, to negotiate down from $210 million unless Lozano is insisting on a 3 year opt~out to get it done.

Just saw a tweet referencing what Bob Nightengale said on XM. No way more teams don’t get in on a deal like that. Probably something like 7-year, $180 million. That’s a little over $25 million per year. I don’t see how that gets it done.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt

3 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Just saw a tweet referencing what Bob Nightengale said on XM. No way more teams don’t get in on a deal like that. Probably something like 7-year, $180 million. That’s a little over $25 million per year. I don’t see how that gets it done.

Offering Machado that deal and not expecting he/his agent to completely end negotiations with you would be pretty bold.

37 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just wanted to second the hopes and prayers part.

Life is too short.  One of our high school classmates (was actually a wrestling coach and actively involved in training his son) from all the way back in 1988 just had a heart attack and died at work, and he wasn't even 50 years old yet.

Sometimes, a little perspective is needed.  Or a lot.

You look at the daily news, people are shooting service dogs for fun, everyone is offended now by practically anything and everything and a Phillies' fan also put his dog in the microwave at the conclusion of that playoff game.   Insane people.

What?

6 minutes ago, fathom said:

Because???

Don’t ya know, Jerry is cheap, RH and KW are incompetent, umm I’m sure Levine is confirming the offer is under 200 mil right now as I type. Sox can’t land any big free agents, insert some meaningless talk about players from 10 years ago, does some rocky biddle talk fit that bill; now back we go to Jerry being a cheap SOB, let’s call out our sources now for hope, now let’s lose our minds because nightengale is tweeting saying the deal on the table IS OFFICIALLY under 200 million.....:

did i cover it all yet? I think you get the point can we please ppl move forward knowing that just simply isn’t true

• Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres