Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Give me a break. Let's go back 50 years. In 1970, the average salary for a player was around 29000 dollars according to Forbes, and the average Amercan salary was around 10 grand. Today, the average is around 45000 for the average American, if you meet in the middle with men and women, and the average for a baseball player is in the 3 MILLION. I don't care what they b**** about, they're all millionaires. I understand they work their asses off and only play for 10-15 seasons on average, but that's still way more money than anyone of us will ever make, collectively!! Look how much more theyve won in their collective bargaining in the last 50 years. Like how can you b**** about making millions of dollars????

Edited by Scoots
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ross Gload Fan said:

I will not be able to survive another month. I just wont. 

JD Martinez and Jake Arrieta are no Manny Machado or Bryce Harper though. I bet they sign before February. 

If they don’t sign by SoxFest, I would ask:

- What really has been going on with negotiations? What is real and what is false?

- Is JR negotiating contracts?

- If you can’t comment on ongoing negotiations, what can you tell us?

- If you fail to sign Machado or Harper, what is the plan? Arenado or Sale?

- How confident are you in player development, as in, are you anticipating players to come up and produce by a certain timeframe so that you don’t waste service time of the other quality young talent?

- Will you take accountability if the rebuild fails? Would you take risks even if it means it’s you might get canned when a new owner comes in?

- Wipe that smug smile off your face KW, it’s partially your fucking fault we haven’t done anything since 2005.😁

Edited by The Beast

Just now, fathom said:

There is not a chance in hell they go into any specifics about negotiations.  I’m sure Hahn will repeat they are always looking for premium talent while not losing sight of the rebuild.

Then I would ask:

- Who would you have in mind that could improve the team?

- What positions do you feel set at?

- Are you going to continue answering questions by not answering questions like a politician, Rick? How patient are you with the rebuild and if top players don’t sign here, what will you do with all of the revenue, especially if your talent development fails and they don’t turn into quality, result producing ball players?

1 hour ago, NCsoxfan said:

These guys are delusional. A “horrible” market for Machado worst case is $175mil, and we know it’s much higher 

Yep.  Harper was the 68th best player in baseball last year (WAR) and he will likely get the largest contract in history.   "Horrible".  

1 minute ago, The Beast said:

Then I would ask:

- Who would you have in mind that could improve the team?

- What positions do you feel set at?

- Are you going to continue answering questions by not answering questions like a politician, Rick? How patient are you with the rebuild and if top players don’t sign here, what will you do with all of the revenue, especially if your talent development fails and they don’t turn into quality, result producing ball players?

I'm sure he doesn't even answer a question like "if your talent development fails and they don't turn into quality".  I would think and hope he is more positive. I too am trying to be more positive looking forward. 

Just now, Saufley said:

I'm sure he doesn't even answer a question like "if your talent development fails and they don't turn into quality".  I would think and hope he is more positive. I too am trying to be more positive looking forward. 

“We think that with the changes we have made with hiring Chris and adding analytics to the mix that we will see the type of results we want. We are optimistic that from a player development standpoint, we will make strides into 2019 and see results to get us back into the postseason in the coming years.”

”I hope you’re right, Rick. Sign Machado and produce wins or don’t and hopefully your team starts producing, otherwise enjoy having sparse crowds at the G Spot.”

46 minutes ago, BlackSox13 said:

Longoria can look in the mirror at his own contract and regression as a fine example of why more owners are leery of handing out these huge contracts. Look at how the contracts of Heyward and Ellsbury have handcuffed the cubs and Yanks.

Oh and please dont try and tell me it's not the fans money Evan. Why else are we paying $8 for a beer? :lol:

These freaking players are ruining the game for fans and their families. Almost have to take out a loan to take the family to the games. YES, LONGORIA, IT IS OUR MONEY! Yes, the owners are a bunch of greedy a-holes too. But they are running a business. What business does NOT try to keep their costs down? I watched Adam Dunn and James Shields continue to show up year after year to get their checks while they sucked the big one. If the players are thinking of striking because Machado may have to SETTLE for ONLY $200 MILLION instead of $300 MILLION, they better think twice. There are OTHER ways to spend my money. I have NOT watched an NFL game since the kneeling started. We Sox fans got screwed in 94 because of this same greed. Owners AND players better think twice about all this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, xSouthsider2 said:

These freaking players are ruining the game for fans and their families. Almost have to take out a loan to take the family to the games. YES, LONGORIA, IT IS OUR MONEY! Yes, the owners are a bunch of greedy a-holes too. But they are running a business. What business does NOT try to keep their costs down? I watched Adam Dunn and James Shields continue to show up year after year to get their checks while they sucked the big one. If the players are thinking of striking because Machado may have to SETTLE for ONLY $200 MILLION instead of $300 MILLION, they better think twice. There are OTHER ways to spend my money. I have NOT watched an NFL game since the kneeling started. We Sox fans got screwed in 94 because of this same greed. Owners AND players better think twice about all this.

1. The kneeling has stopped, Reid has a job and Kaepernick is going to court to prove collusion or work through a grievance.

2. Analytics are going to dictate what a player is worth and contracts will be more indicative of future performance as opposed to past performance.

3. Fans should go to fewer games for crap product on the field. If they want to move the team, so be it. It’s not going to happen.

4. I hope they strike, it’s on the players and owners if that happens and baseball has a hard time recovering again.

23 minutes ago, The Beast said:

1. The kneeling has stopped, Reid has a job and Kaepernick is going to court to prove collusion or work through a grievance.

2. Analytics are going to dictate what a player is worth and contracts will be more indicative of future performance as opposed to past performance.

3. Fans should go to fewer games for crap product on the field. If they want to move the team, so be it. It’s not going to happen.

4. I hope they strike, it’s on the players and owners if that happens and baseball has a hard time recovering again.

No, I hope they do not strike. We lost a potential WS appearance in 94 with that strike. With the greed on BOTH sides I cannot side with either side. The fans are the only ones that will get screwed by a strike.

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres