Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, joesaiditstrue said:

He got a phone call from DanClark.

Except he didn't water down anything. He just plainly repeated what he said on his show and didn't expound upon it at all. It's the shitty rest of the interview that leaves us feeling like he doesn't see us a real threat, but his initial report was never his opinion anyway, he was just repeating what he was told 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If you want to see a bunch of entitled New Yorkers whining like crazy, go hit up Twitter right now.  They aren’t taking to these White Sox rumors too kindly.

Yankees fans will have a melt down on Dan clark if hes wrong.

Edited by peavy44

I wouldnt expect anyone besides the biggest writers are getting direct leaks.

No offense to guys like white sox dave, but you are talking about arguably the biggest signing in Sox history. No one with direct knowledge is putting it the hands of bloggers etc.

If Machado signs, i expect the Sox to give the scoop to someone who has done work for them for years.

Everything else is bread crumbs being recirculated to varying degrees.

4 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Not just the tweet but his posts in this thread were encouraging too

What is interesting to note is the timing of this “formal” offer. Sox generally operate by keeping things close to the vest. This leaking is not typical of them as of late. 

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

What is interesting to note is the timing of this “formal” offer. Sox generally operate by keeping things close to the vest. This leaking is not typical of them as of late. 

Youre presuming the leak is by the Sox.

The leak almost undoubtedly would be from Machado's side trying to get higher offers.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soxbadger said:

The leak almost undoubtedly would be from Machado's side trying to get higher offers.

Perhaps, but I mean the timing of this formal offer is what is most interesting to me. I feel the Sox are very serious at trying to get a deal done. No other formal offer has been reported as of yet. 

1 minute ago, steveno89 said:

Perhaps, but I mean the timing of this formal offer is what is most interesting to me. I feel the Sox are very serious at trying to get a deal done. No other formal offer has been reported as of yet. 

Do "formal" offers even usually get reported? After the signing other teams interest leaks, but to me this seems like Machado wants another higher offer.

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Do "formal" offers even usually get reported? After the signing other teams interest leaks, but to me this seems like Machado wants another higher offer.

It could be. At this point the clear suitors have emerged and both sides should have a good idea of both the contract demands and what teams are willing to do in terms of years and dollars. 

I still would not consider the Sox to be a favorite for either big fish. 

15 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

why the fuck would an agent/GM leak something to the media instead of just picking up the damn phone and calling a GM/Agent to get a counter offer and lay it all on the table? Like, do you guys have any idea how this shit works?  It's a small club.  Everybody is just a phone call away and nobody is playing tiddlywinks.  If an agent straight up lies to Hahn word is going to get around.  You don't bluff and bullshit like you're donald trump in these  negotiations.

Edited by chitownsportsfan
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

I think it's beneath you to be quoting NSync songs :)

Sure about that?

( I didn’t even pick up on the reference until you said this... what’s that say about you Ron? )

😆

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

why the fuck would an agent leak something to the media instead of just picking up the damn phone and calling a GM? to get a counter offer and lay it all on the table? Like, do you guys have any idea how this shit works?  It's a small club.  Everybody is just a phone call away and nobody is playing tiddlywinks.  If an agent straight up lies to Hahn word is going to get around.  You don't bluff and bullshit like you're donald trump in this negotiations.

Because if the reports from NY are true, ownership is split. Machados agent needs something to change the dynamics.

Why would the Sox leak they are close? That would be the stupidest thing ever. The Sox want complete silence if they are close.

And why would Machado's agent be lying? They dont have a deal, hes trying to get his cliet more money.

(edit)

Only other option is its from thr NY camp who wants to sign him.

Edited by Soxbadger

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Because if the reports from NY are true, ownership is split. Machados agent needs something to change the dynamics.

Why would the Sox leak they are close? That would be the stupidest thing ever. The Sox want complete silence if they are close.

And why would Machado's agent be lying? They dont have a deal, hes trying to get his cliet more money.

Meh.  If you guys think GMs and Owners and agents give contract offers and counter offers based on twitter rumors I got no response.  It's absurd on its face.

Now for trades?  Totally different.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres