Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

6 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

Meh.  If you guys think GMs and Owners and agents give contract offers and counter offers based on twitter rumors I got no response.  It's absurd on its face.

Now for trades?  Totally different.

Whats absurd is thinking the Sox are leaking information.

So either

a) all the writers are just making shit up

b) agents/players or their people are leaking

c) competition is leaking.

Pick whichever you want, but those are the options.

6 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Whats absurd is thinking the Sox are leaking information.

So either

a) all the writers are just making shit up

b) agents/players or their people are leaking

c) competition is leaking.

Pick whichever you want, but those are the options.

All this talk of leaking. If we sign Manny Machado and or Bryce Harper, all of our butts are gonna be leaking.

1 minute ago, hi8is said:

That in your vinyl collection?

Ha hell no, But I will tell you my daughter recently moved to the Bay area and dropped some CD's with me , stuff she had growing up and there were 3 NSync CD's. I'm going now to check if that song is on them. Ha it is ! Wanna buy some CD's ?

• Love 1

15 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

why the fuck would an agent/GM leak something to the media instead of just picking up the damn phone and calling a GM/Agent to get a counter offer and lay it all on the table? Like, do you guys have any idea how this shit works?  It's a small club.  Everybody is just a phone call away and nobody is playing tiddlywinks.  If an agent straight up lies to Hahn word is going to get around.  You don't bluff and bullshit like you're donald trump in these  negotiations.

One reason an agent does this is to drive the fan bases to push their team to pony up more. Fear of losing season ticket holders for coming up short. Does it work? Probably not, but you can see the fury on this site when bad news gets leaked. 

Teams leak to do the opposite. They may also seek to drive down the market.

I doubt these strategies really work.

This leak though is strange to me because it doesn’t take four sources on one side to confirm the report. Particularly if the source is directly involved. It seems like both sides would have confirmed it. 

It would be cool if there was a separate thread that only an mod/admin could post in, solely with tweets from credible types or posts from the buckets, Rocks, and raBBits of the world. Make the real emotion swinging rumors easy to find. Leave this open for the thoughts of the horde. Don’t want to put too much on the mods’ plates (I’d do it if properly deputized). Just FWIW.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

LOL hey how did this get turned around onto me . I had a daughter who loved that stuff when she was a kid. I couldn't avoid it.

Don't admit to knowing NSync even if you do.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, The Sir said:

It would be cool if there was a separate thread that only an mod/admin could post in, solely with tweets from credible types or posts from the buckets, Rocks, and raBBits of the world. Make the real emotion swinging rumors easy to find. Leave this open for the thoughts of the horde. Don’t want to put too much on the mods’ plates (I’d do it if properly deputized). Just FWIW.

Great idea

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, The Sir said:

The big problem is defining what credibility even is in 2019.  Most of the replies are debating the value of the information and not what the information actually means.

4 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

The big problem is defining what credibility even is in 2019.  Most of the replies are debating the value of the information and not what the information actually means.

That would just be a Ken Rosenthal/Jeff Passan thread.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

From what i can tell credibility is determined as follows:

Does their information support what i want to hear?

Yes: credible

No: not credible

Edited by Soxbadger
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, The Sir said:

Sir - Why don't you make a thread with that info and we can pin it seperately and you can just update it accordingly? I like the suggestion.  Kind of the one-stop place to check for immediate updates vs. the main thread where all of the discussion can happen.  

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres