Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

6 minutes ago, Frank_Thomas said:

TomLoxas

@TomLoxas

16m

Hey @whitesox, I heard Manny Machado, above all, would really, really love to play with Jason Heyward.

Get it done Hahn! 😂

The cubs fans want harper they do anything get rid of heyward.

I am another Sox fan that is fairly confident the team signs Machado. 

This coming from someone still very torn on Machado.  I don't discount the talent, but doubt the person.  Is he really the face of a franchise?  The person we see on billboards and national marketing?  Is he a BIG draw for fans and sponsors?  Can he deliver a championship?

Biggest concern, contract would be largest in franchise history, is this what should be done?  I keep thinking that Eloy, Machado, and Abreu are a sick 3, 4, and 5.  That could win the division in 2019, with quality pitching.

Not trying to be an ass or bring people down.  Not my money, other than being a season ticket holder. 

Just curious if people want Machado because he is "one of the top free agents" or(and) this is the right move that will produce a championship?  

2005 was an amazing year that I will never forget.  Remember, it wasn't about signing BIG money, but extremely smart moves and spreading the money around to numerous players.

Feel free to rip me apart.  I am just tired and want this whole thing done.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres