Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

$50m seems significant, especially when you are talking about over the same amount of years.

It does, but assuming all the offers will equal, I think its a safe assumption that Manny would choose the Yankees over the White Sox. So over the same 7-year period, how much more do we need to spend?

7 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

So lets say the Yankees are at 7-year, $220 million and the Sox are at 7-year, $270 million, do we think that is enough for us to land him?

If it's for the same number of years, it should be. Especially because NY taxes would take about $10 mil more from Manny than IL taxes.

Edited by Roughneck
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

So lets say the Yankees are at 7-year, $220 million and the Sox are at 7-year, $270 million, do we think that is enough for us to land him?

That would be brutal if 7 million per year more would not be enough. That is above the 20% tax we've discussed here previously.

7 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

It does, but assuming all the offers will equal, I think its a safe assumption that Manny would choose the Yankees over the White Sox. So over the same 7-year period, how much more do we need to spend?

Why would many turn down $50M more from white sox he wouldn't.

6 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

Why would many turn down $50M more from white sox he wouldn't.

I dont know why he would turn down that much money, but if Machado chooses the Yankees, he is going to be leaving a lot of money on the table from the Sox and Phillies. Is it $50 million, I dont know, but he'll leave a lot of money on the table regardless.

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

I dont know why he would turn down that much money, but if Machado chooses the Yankees, he is going to be leaving a lot of money on the table from the Sox and Phillies. Is it $50 million, I dont know, but he'll leave a lot of money on the table regardless.

We all thought it was a terrible system when the yankees would just overwhelm the top FA every year with money, probably worse when the yankees get them on a discount.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

Logically, taxes alone hurt that Yankees offer compared to the Sox. Hell, if that’s the two deals, I would throw another year on the end of it.

Just now, bmags said:

We all thought it was a terrible system when the yankees would just overwhelm the top FA every year with money, probably worse when the yankees get them on a discount.

True. However, I don't think this is a common case where it's a significant amount. This applies to Machado  but not Harper this year.

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Logically, taxes alone hurt that Yankees offer compared to the Sox. Hell, if that’s the two deals, I would throw another year on the end of it.

It makes a lot of sense if the Sox are offering 7/270ish...with the back pocket being 8/300 if Lozano plays the "need to up the ante" rhetoric.  That deal is still market value and only pays up until age 34 season...which still should be very productive for his bat. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

It makes a lot of sense if the Sox are offering 7/270ish...with the back pocket being 8/300 if Lozano plays the "need to up the ante" rhetoric.  That deal is still market value and only pays up until age 34 season...which still should be very productive for his bat. 

Yep. As a final offer I think that’s pretty solid. Can’t see the Yankees going anywhere even close to that amount. But will the Sox entertain that total? Because everything we’ve heard so far seems to imply they won’t.

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

For real how do you block a member? If I go to the profile page of the individual I can't seem to find a mute button... is it somewhere else im not looking?

If you're on PC, just hover your mouse over his name in the thread and there's an ignore option. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

No he did not. You DO NOT share people's private contact information over the internet without their permission just because you do not like them. Sharing private information to encourage harassment of that person can be considered doxxing and may be considered a crime.

Yankees fans going destroy his twitter account anyways make him delete it.

5 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

For real how do you block a member? If I go to the profile page of the individual I can't seem to find a mute button... is it somewhere else im not looking?

It is super easy.  Click your user name profile in top right corner.  Go to ignored users.  Type in peavy44.  Problem solved.  Your life will be better because of it.  

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

won't that shorten the thread by like 20% though? I thought size matters...

It will still show that he posts but you won't be able to read it (unless you select that you want to). Hopefully after a while, these threads are just him sharing the opinions of people from Twitter we don't give a fuck about and no one responds to any of them since by that time, everyone has blocked him.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres