Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Chicago White Sox said:

Of all the shit out there, I tend to believe this Hector Gomez guy the most.  I don’t want to jinx anything, but it really does seem like the Yankees won’t budge off a certain number and the Sox & Phillies are so far ahead that Manny has already ruled New York out effectively.

curious why it hasn't been officially announced, #NYPride ? lol

7 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Of all the shit out there, I tend to believe this Hector Gomez guy the most.  I don’t want to jinx anything, but it really does seem like the Yankees won’t budge off a certain number and the Sox & Phillies are so far ahead that Manny has already ruled New York out effectively.

Part of me says that NY isnt out of it until he signs with someone else. They have the money and the history to just completely go berserk when they feel like it. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Real said:

Some blue-check guy joining in the discussion also, This Hesser guy's bio on twitter:

2012 New Jersey Silver medalist in 400m. Freelance CONTRIBUTOR for ESPN Trenton. CO-HOST of the Full Count Podcast

Way to go, you've managed to strip him of his blue checkmark. 

EDIT: And his profile picture used to be of a white guy. And he has posted some shit that any actual journalist would get fired for. Definitely a fake account.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24

30 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Way to go, you've managed to strip him of his blue checkmark. 

EDIT: And his profile picture used to be of a white guy. And he has posted some shit that any actual journalist would get fired for. Definitely a fake account.

He never had a blue check, it was the guy who he was talking to within that post thread. 

@ChiliIrishHammock24 remember when you were asking where you remembered that guy from, the one who tweeted Manny to the Sox?

This was over a week before the signing, and before anyone even knew we were in on catchers/Castillo. He even nailed the terms. 

This is what he tweeted tonight. He has probably gotten stuff wrong before, but he nailed Castillo a week early so he at least has some semblance of a track record. 👀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

@ChiliIrishHammock24 remember when you were asking where you remembered that guy from, the one who tweeted Manny to the Sox?

This was over a week before the signing, and before anyone even knew we were in on catchers/Castillo. He even nailed the terms. 

This is what he tweeted tonight. He has probably gotten stuff wrong before, but he nailed Castillo a week early so he at least has some semblance of a track record. 👀

Nice find. I find it hard to believe he nailed the Castillo terms on a whim. Pretty impressive. Hopefully the Machado rumors is true.

3 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

YES. That's what it was. I was actually thinking it was Wellington Castillo that he scooped, but when I went to go search his profile, I saw he had BLOCKED me because I had asked where I recognized his name from, and asked if he has scooped anything in the past before.

The fact that he blocked me for asking is what made me think he's likely full of shit this time and was wondered that I would call him out or something.

25 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

#whitesoxs

35 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Whoa.. 👀👀👀👀

33 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

The question is did he steal this info from someone else and pretend it was his own. Does anyone know if there were any other reports of the Castillo signing before Brett posted it? Because looking at some of his recent tweets it seems he often takes "sources" from other twitter accounts and presents them as his own scoops. We need to find out if he was the first to post the Wellington signing.

2 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

The question is did he steal this info from someone else and pretend it was his own. Does anyone know if there were any other reports of the Castillo signing before Brett posted it? Because looking at some of his recent tweets it seems he often takes "sources" from other twitter accounts and presents them as his own scoops. We need to find out if he was the first to post the Wellington signing.

I do believe he was the first and only one to mention Castillo to the Sox, at least in exact terms. And like JA said, it was a full week before Castillo signed. I'm sure you're right that this kid just throws shit at the wall, and he could very easily be jumping on the Machado to Sox bandwagon here, but at least he did seem to get one thing right when it came to the Sox before.

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I do believe he was the first and only one to mention Castillo to the Sox, at least in exact terms. And like JA said, it was a full week before Castillo signed. I'm sure you're right that this kid just throws shit at the wall, and he could very easily be jumping on the Machado to Sox bandwagon here, but at least he did seem to get one thing right when it came to the Sox before.

I did an advanced search on twitter that allowed me to search for terms in a specific date. I could find no reference to Wellington to the White Sox in November 2017 prior to his tweet. https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=castillo white sox since%3A2017-11-01 until%3A2017-11-24&src=typd 

• Love 1

https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/mlb-rumors-yankees-falling-behind-phillies-white-sox-in-machado-race-nationals-building-momentum-with-harper/

Of course, the other school of thought is that Harper to the Nats will trigger Machado to the Phillies...fortunately, Harper is likely to be the last to sign.

"Momentum" for Machado to White Sox with decision looming?

The only three teams known to have interest in Manny Machado are the Phillies, Yankees and White Sox. Bruce Levine of 670 The Score in Chicago reports that the White Sox appear to have the momentum here:

The prevailing feeling across the MLB landscape is that momentum is building for the White Sox in the Manny Machado sweepstakes.  

Also of note: The report indicates the Machado decision is going to happen "within a week." 

Further, it sounds like the deal might end up in the seven-year range and be closer to $200 million than $300 million. While many fans might scoff at such a notion, this is a big problem for the MLBPA. Players are making less money compared to MLB revenue than they have in well over a decade. A generational talent like Machado at age 26 getting significantly less than, say, Albert Pujols did at age 32 seven seasons ago simply isn't acceptable with MLB annually setting revenue records. 

Regardless, at least one report has the White Sox, who have recently acquired two players close to Machado, as the leader in the clubhouse.

Edited by caulfield12

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres