Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

3 minutes ago, Sockin said:

Heyman is now saying on MLBN that the Sox have a great shot at getting Manny. So the tune is changing a bit. 

With the rumor of Harper to the Phillies, this doesn't take a genius to figure out.

8 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

If we acquire a big dog, I hope somebody sticks it to buster Olney for laughing at the White Sox chances. 

This applies to the entire baseball world, including many of those that are saying the sox are in a good position now.

Interesting thing to think about regarding opt outs. If owners are reluctant to commit to and pay premium players now with almost no competition in the market, it would probably make more sense to grab the largest deal now and ride it out. Granted the new CBA or strike will probably change the landscape a bit but still.

11 minutes ago, Tony said:

Still not really new news from Heyman...

I think this is just him reading the tea leaves and trying to walk back past comments about the Sox having no chance. Instead of admitting he was wrong before, he could say "Like I said, things changed and the Sox worked really hard to get him."

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres