Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

45 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

They thought that Manny was signing with the White Sox because of a fake Jeff Passan account tweet from 3 hours ago. Not only did they not realize that the account lacked a blue check mark, but they wrote a whole article on the ordeal and still didn't notice, not to mention they failed to realize that if it were real, other people would've talked about it in the last 3 hours. Just puzzling all around 

Wow, they obviously pulled the article which sucks because I would have loved to had read it...lol.

33 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

This forum seems a lot more pessimistic about this whole thing today as opposed to yesterday. Ugh. 

I don’t really believe there any reason right now to be pessimistic unless you are worried about past free agency failure coming back to haunt the Whitesox. We’ve received positive news from multiple outlets that the Sox are really players in this today. I get being on edge and wanting him to be signed already but this is a waiting game we are playing right now and I have faith that RH can and will get the job done.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Some have suggested the longer it goes on the better it is looking for the Sox but I am of the opposite opinion. The longer it goes on the more it seems Manny really wants to go to NY and is just waiting for the Yankees to make a good offer he could accept.

That's most likely what's gonna happen. That's why I keep the bar low.

17 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Some have suggested the longer it goes on the better it is looking for the Sox but I am of the opposite opinion. The longer it goes on the more it seems Manny really wants to go to NY and is just waiting for the Yankees to make a good offer he could accept.

This is my fear as well.

Just imagine working in the White Sox marketing department...they will have either the easiest job in the world (or at least fairly easy) or the hardest job convincing anyone to buy season ticket packages or corporate sponsors to jump back on board the bandwagon, depending on how all this plays out with Machado and Harper.

Three months of almost unabated excitement and anticipation, or the Evil Eye of Sauron descending on the fanbase.

Edited by caulfield12

3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

What did the fake Passan tweet say and what did SSS write accordingly?  Really wish I didn’t miss this article.

It's just a tweet saying MM is nearing a 6-year, $210M deal with the Chicago White Sox. It's Jef Passan with one f, and it has 5 followers. It's very easy to find. I'm refraining from posting it here.  SSS's article pretty much posted this tweet with a brief blurb about how a signing is near. SSS then deleted it after being informed he was sourcing an obvious fake.

Edited by DirtySox
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Just imagine working in the White Sox marketing department...they will have either the easiest job in the world (or at least fairly easy) or the hardest job convincing anyone to buy season ticket packages or corporate sponsors to jump back on board the bandwagon, depending on how all this plays out with Machado and Harper.

Three months of almost unabated excitement and anticipation, or the Evil Eye of Sauron descending on the fanbase.

Season tickets are the least of the concerns. If the front office can not deliver, I think they will be very hard pressed to convince fans that this rebuild will actually work. 

I always try to remain optimistic, but this is a pivotal moment for the franchise that they cannot let slip away. 

• Like 3

Regardless of what happens at least we know the Sox gave it a hell of a shot. The only thing they could do to win outright is offer way too much money. 

Personally I think We get him. I don’t think the Yankees are sold and I think we’ve done more than philly. 

• Love 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres