Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, skooch said:

Perhaps he literally deactivated. Any chance DanClarkSports was a Twitter AI bot? Not a very good one, mind you, but a bot nonetheless.

Nah, Dan was definitely a real person. He wasnt a bad follow up until him putting out bad info. He was generally a knowledgeable baseball follow and decent human being from what I could tell. Then this whole thing blew up on him and it showed the worst in him along with it. 

• Haha 1

As far as the Yankees go, it seems to me that Andujar won't bring his full value right now since every team knows they are unloading him to get Machado. If they really wanted to trade Andujar to get Machado, then make the trade early in the off season and throw a pile of money at Machado. At this point, it just seems unlikely that they would go in that direction.

Just now, shipps said:

Nah, Dan was definitely a real person. He wasnt a bad follow up until him putting out bad info. He was generally a knowledgeable baseball follow and decent human being from what I could tell. Then this whole thing blew up on him and it showed the worst in him along with it. 

Yeah he was fine until this. But in retrospect his manny info from the beginning I followed him (Sox trade rumors for him last year) never panned out.

5 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

Dan Clarke - what a douche.  I was going to go tell him he could have trusted his source without being a complete cockjob about it.  But I couldn't even do that!  Peace buuddy!!

And to think among all the rumors we have read his was the one that caused to most people to jump ship.

17 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

I mentioned that I thought was fair - Abreu and a 2nd tier prospect.
Andujar was not an elite prospect (50ish); he had a good year - kind of Palka with an extra 30 OBP points.  He played his position poorly.  The Sox would take the risk that he can never play 3B.

If the Sox sign Machado, which one would think is no worse than 50/50 at this point, and if he stays at 3B, then it's moot.

And if you approached the Yankees with an offer of 1 year of Abreu and someone like Basabe or Gonzalez you'd be laughed out of the room. If we reversed the situations and that's all the Sox got for Andujar you'd be ranting about how Hahn got fleeced again.

• Like 2

Just now, Perfect Vision said:

Dan's problem was that, for some reason, he trusted Manny's former teammate (possibly Delmon Young) as a legitimate source.  As if Delmon Young would have any clue about the Yankee's interest or the status of negotiations.  And then he stated Machado to Yankees as if it was 100% fact.

More like he took a shot in the wind thinking Manny to Yankees was the likeliest of outcomes but failed miserably. good riddance ya fraud.

1 minute ago, OmarComing25 said:

And if you approached the Yankees with an offer of 1 year of Abreu and someone like Basabe or Gonzalez you'd be laughed out of the room. If we reversed the situations and that's all the Sox got for Andujar you'd be ranting about how Hahn got fleeced again.

If we traded Alex Colome for Omar Narvaez, we'd never hear the end about how we should have gotten more and Narvaez is awful defensively.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres