Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

11 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Random question while we have some downtime. If you were to break the Manny to the Sox story would you post 1st on Soxtalk, FB, Twitter, Reddit, All? Would you try to market yourself if you were a say a Realtor? Or just go down unknown in social media infamy ala katyperrysbootyhole or wetbutt23?

Asking for a friend

I would post it here for sure.. maybe twitter. 

12 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Random question while we have some downtime. If you were to break the Manny to the Sox story would you post 1st on Soxtalk, FB, Twitter, Reddit, All? Would you try to market yourself if you were a say a Realtor? Or just go down unknown in social media infamy ala katyperrysbootyhole or wetbutt23?

Asking for a friend

I'd identify about a hundred posters who have signed up for SoxTalk but never posted even a word, and maybe old timers who seemingly disappeared, and I'd PM it to them. Then I'd sign out and see what happened. Who are these people, and do those who vanished return?

7 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

I really thought this would happen tonight. So much for that I guess. :(

I'm borderline considering logging off for a week or so and not looking at anything until then. Unfortunately, a good portion of my job entails sitting at my desk and responding to emails so if I get bored, this attempt at abstinence will quickly end.

15 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Asking for a friend

The only thing I would advise against is hinting that you have inside information and then not posting anything 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Don't know if this was posted but Heyman tonight on the MLB network said that he has been told Machado will not sign for anything less then Stanton's record breaking deal and that if he has to wait until the season starts, or even sit the year out, he will.

Personally I find that hard to fathom but that what he said.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

Don't know if this was posted but Heyman tonight on the MLB network said that he has been told Machado will not sign for anything less then Stanton's record breaking deal and that if he has to wait until the season starts, or even sit the year out, he will.

Doubt that’s true.

1 minute ago, Lip Man 1 said:

He's going to sit the year out? GMAFB. He'll get less offered even then because that's one less year, or few games.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres