Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Capital G said:

4 years. Gives him a chance to opt out and get a new contract and/or bail if our rebuild did not work while he is still 30.

Make the opt out after four years only if we haven’t made the playoffs at all in the first four years. Has anything like that been done before? 

6 minutes ago, Orlando said:

Woke up feeling great, let’s hope today is the day! I want my life back 😂

Manny will just be the first big move... many more will take place for us afterward.

Get used to having no life for 8 more weeks.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Who else would they add?

Pollock, Keuchel, Kimbrel, Moustakas, Marwin Gonzalez?

Or Harper?

I don’t want to get ahead of myself before we sign Manny but I think someone like Marwin makes sense. Keuchel at the right price (steal Territory) would make sense. Ottavino, to create a super bullpen would be my next move

Edited by Orlando

Lots of smoke toward the end of the day yesterday.  Who knows how much of it is true.  The "Yankees are still in it" talk seems a little weak.  I'm thinking they truly are out of it.  Sox need to offer the most money, that's it.

Get him signed and then make a couple more moves.  Then this team is a lot better going into 2019.

1 minute ago, hogan873 said:

Lots of smoke toward the end of the day yesterday.  Who knows how much of it is true.  The "Yankees are still in it" talk seems a little weak.  I'm thinking they truly are out of it.  Sox need to offer the most money, that's it.

Get him signed and then make a couple more moves.  Then this team is a lot better going into 2019.

WSD seems to know from his source that the Yanks are out. He Tweeted that he can confirm in response to that Gomez tweet.

1 minute ago, soxfan2014 said:

WSD seems to know from his source that the Yanks are out. He Tweeted that he can confirm in response to that Gomez tweet.

That's good to hear.  I'm wondering if Machado's camp told the Yankees that if they can't offer X amount that they're out of the running or if the Yankees decided the cost was too high to pursue him?  Either way, things are looking better today.

15 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If we somehow landed Machado and Harper I would go:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Anderson, SS
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Castillo, C

I may very well bat Anderson 9th.

(also soak in porcellos salary to get Jackie Bradley jr for 2 years by giving up like ... i haven’t thought about that yet then also the Red Sox stick chavis in the corner.)

Lol oh wait that has Harper in it no salary acquisitions then

1 minute ago, bmags said:

I may very well bat Anderson 9th.

(also soak in porcellos salary to get Jackie Bradley jr for 2 years by giving up like ... i haven’t thought about that yet then also the Red Sox stick chavis in the corner.)

Red Sox won’t do that.  They believe Bradley really turned a corner offensively at the end of last year...and love pairing him with Betts defensively in CF and RF.

16 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

If we somehow landed Machado and Harper I would go:

1. Moncada, 2B
  2. Machado, 3B
  3. Harper, RF
  4. Abreu, DH
  5. Jimenez, LF
  6. Alonso, 1B
  7. Anderson, SS
  8. Jay, CF
  9. Castillo, C

1. Moncada, 2B

2. Harper, RF

3. Machado, 3B

4. Abreu, DH

5. Jimenez, LF

6. Alonso, 1B

7. Castillo, C

8. Anderson, SS

9. Jay, CF

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres