yesterday333

Manny: Agent of Chaos

Even if the Sox fed Nightengale the number, that really won’t matter much in the long run. Let’s say that Nightengale tweets out the Sox offer is 7-year, $210 million. The Phillies will most likely just up that offer to 7-year, $230 million. Then the Sox will be forced to up their offer anyway. Sox and Phillies will get into a bidding war, and end up at that $270 million to $300 million number anyway.

Regardless of how or where or why Nightengale got his information, I just dont see any scenario where Manny signs for anything less than a 7-year, $250 million deal (A little more than $35 million per year). So whether or not the Sox are trying to keep the Phillies offer low, I can almost guarantee the bids will reach that $250 million number at the very least.

Edited by KnightsOnMintSt

If this is true, aren't the Sox essentially guaranteed to get Machado? I can't see Philadelphia signing both of them.

2 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

If this is true, aren't the Sox essentially guaranteed to get Machado? I can't see Philadelphia signing both of them.

Interesting to see what the offer would be then. Maybe the sox did offer 7/210 knowing Manny wouldn't go to Phil and the sox were waiting for Harper to go there and reduce Machado's leverage.

Just now, Sockin said:

FWIW Merkin on MLB Network said he expects the Sox to get one of these guys. 

Yeah he was unusually positive. 

Heyman is now saying on MLBN that the Sox have a great shot at getting Manny. So the tune is changing a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sockin said:

Heyman is now saying on MLBN that the Sox have a great shot at getting Manny. So the tune is changing a bit. 

So it seems like it is going to be Manny to Sox, Harper to Phillies. 

Me likey. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

So it seems like it is going to be Manny to Sox, Harper to Phillies. 

Me likey. 

If that's the case, there will be some unhappy Yankees fans.

3 minutes ago, Sockin said:

With the rumor of Harper to the Phillies, this doesn't take a genius to figure out.

Just now, Tony said:

Still not really new news from Heyman...

After the Merkin interview on MLBN, Heyman came on and implied that we're in a good spot and the FO has done an excellent job selling to Machado, FWIW

Just now, Tony said:

Still not really new news from Heyman...

No not news but he's been beating the drum for the Yankees for weeks now on Machado. Feel like this is the first national guy to start saying something remotely positive. 

If we acquire a big dog, I hope somebody sticks it to buster Olney for laughing at the White Sox chances. 

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

After the Merkin interview on MLBN, Heyman came on and implied that we're in a good spot and the FO has done an excellent job selling to Machado, FWIW

Bring it home...

Just now, Hot FiRe said:

If we acquire a big dog, I hope somebody sticks it to buster Olney for laughing at the White Sox chances. 

Will Dan Clark delete his Twitter account?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Sleepy Harold said:

What's with all the positivity now?  I thought we we're only allowed to be pessimistic and miserable.

Shut up 🤪

• Haha 1