Jump to content
yesterday333

Manny: Agent of Chaos

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, chitownsportsfan said:

SSS is a dumpster fire.  Nobody wants to work for SB Nation.

Oh I know that, just was curious what they posted.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Oh I know that, just was curious what they posted.

They thought that Manny was signing with the White Sox because of a fake Jeff Passan account tweet from 3 hours ago. Not only did they not realize that the account lacked a blue check mark, but they wrote a whole article on the ordeal and still didn't notice, not to mention they failed to realize that if it were real, other people would've talked about it in the last 3 hours. Just puzzling all around 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

Aaaand this is why neither are signing until after SB Sunday. This is just a huge game of chicken between Boras and Lozano. Neither wants to be the first to sign. 

Harper is going to get more. I’m sure Lozano knows that. Harper is also wayyyyy more likely to become a bad contract IMO, and perhaps evenly quickly. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok so I’m my paranoia while the rumor mill is calm I start imagining MM signing with Yankees for far less than all the other offers and Dan Clark getting to claim he was right all along. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Seems like it has to get done this week...when all the momentum feels like it's going in the direction of the Sox.

How many more "Machado Mates" can we possibly bring on?

I think you mean, #MachadosMuchachos.

Edited by ChiliIrishHammock24
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, shipps said:

Ok so I’m my paranoia while the rumor mill is calm I start imagining MM signing with Yankees for far less than all the other offers and Dan Clark getting to claim he was right all along. 

If he does that they should kick him out of the union.  Taking less money in a offseason where teams are obviously penny pinching and girding their loins?  Yea, this labor fight is gonna be UGLY.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Actually encouraging stuff from Jack Curry, who's known as a very good Yankees source:

 

2 things we can all be annoyed by from this ...

One of the guys referring to Manny "coming back to reality" and signing with the Yankees because the White Sox won't be winners for 3 or 4 more years.

Secondly, the Meredith lady said that the White Sox are the only team that can promise Manny a position at SS, because she thinks Jean Segura is apparently a better defensive SS than Tim Anderson, or likely just has no idea who Tim Anderson even is. 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, fathom said:

Actually encouraging stuff from Jack Curry, who's known as a very good Yankees source:

 

The female commentator suggested that the Sox would agree to let him play SS. As we've all speculated, he probably doesn't really care and that was just a ploy to increase his value, going in to his FA year. However, I hope that the Sox would not acquiesce to any demand to play SS. That would greatly reduce his value. He's a Gold Glove third baseman and a below average SS. I know that we've beaten that dead horse, but it's worth reiterating. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

2 things we can all be annoyed by from this ...

One of the guys referring to Manny "coming back to reality" and signing with the Yankees because the White Sox won't be winners for 3 or 4 more years.

Secondly, the Meredith lady said that the White Sox are the only team that can promise Manny a position at SS, because she thinks Jean Segura is apparently a better defensive SS than Tim Anderson, or likely just has no idea who Tim Anderson even is. 

Yes, that suggestion was disturbing. But then, what the Hell do these hacks know about the Sox? Their world is the Yankees and the rest of baseball probably just doesn't count for anything, in their estimation. Geez, if the Sox aren't "winners for 3 or 4 more years," the rebuild will have failed. What great prospects do we have, who are 4 to 5 years away from being MLB contributors? 

Edited by Lillian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Lillian said:

The female commentator suggested that the Sox would agree to let him play SS. As we've all speculated, he probably doesn't really care and that was just a ploy to increase his value, going in to his FA year. However, I hope that the Sox would not acquiesce to any demand to play SS. That would greatly reduce his value. He's a Gold Glove third baseman and a below average SS. I know that we've beaten that dead horse, but it's worth reiterating. 

I don't think the Sox would displace TA. Make Machado the highest paid AAV and I highly doubt he gives two shits what position he's playing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Whitesox27 said:

This forum seems a lot more pessimistic about this whole thing today as opposed to yesterday. Ugh. 

I think it's because we assumed we were in the lead (and we still could or could not be). The longer this goes on it just seems like its just more time to let it slip away and allow the others to overcome us.

 

Also, we are tired and very impatient.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

They thought that Manny was signing with the White Sox because of a fake Jeff Passan account tweet from 3 hours ago. Not only did they not realize that the account lacked a blue check mark, but they wrote a whole article on the ordeal and still didn't notice, not to mention they failed to realize that if it were real, other people would've talked about it in the last 3 hours. Just puzzling all around 

Wow, they obviously pulled the article which sucks because I would have loved to had read it...lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Whitesox27 said:

This forum seems a lot more pessimistic about this whole thing today as opposed to yesterday. Ugh. 

I don’t really believe there any reason right now to be pessimistic unless you are worried about past free agency failure coming back to haunt the Whitesox. We’ve received positive news from multiple outlets that the Sox are really players in this today. I get being on edge and wanting him to be signed already but this is a waiting game we are playing right now and I have faith that RH can and will get the job done.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, HakunaMachado said:

Been extremely quiet today. Good thing?

Look at the page count again... 😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some have suggested the longer it goes on the better it is looking for the Sox but I am of the opposite opinion. The longer it goes on the more it seems Manny really wants to go to NY and is just waiting for the Yankees to make a good offer he could accept.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JuliusO1274 said:

Some have suggested the longer it goes on the better it is looking for the Sox but I am of the opposite opinion. The longer it goes on the more it seems Manny really wants to go to NY and is just waiting for the Yankees to make a good offer he could accept.

That's most likely what's gonna happen. That's why I keep the bar low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×