Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Sockin said:

For the sake of my mental health this needs to end soon. This and other things has been stressing me out for days now. 

For real. For the sake of my sanity, social life, sleep, and phone's battery life please sign soon.  

1 minute ago, Kiebs13 said:

Robert & Dunning would be a HUGE overpay for a guy who most likely ends up at 1st. He was one of, if not the, worst 3bs in baseball last year.

1 minute ago, Kiebs13 said:

Robert & Dunning would be a HUGE overpay for a guy who most likely ends up at 1st. He was one of, if not the, worst 3bs in baseball last year.

way 

3 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

It's beginning to look a lot like Harper must learn to like Philadelphia, which is where Nightengale pegged him all along. That leaves the White Sox with Machado.  

Just sign already and end this madness.

Or Harper can continue to like Chicago

• Love 2

3 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

What's a fair price then?

I like Andjuar and all, but I am not paying the price to acquire him when you can just sign Manny Machado for money.  It'd be stupid.

I would, however, do something like Abreu, Rutherford and Lambert for Andjuar and play him at 1B (and sign Manny).  But I HIGHLY doubt the Yankees would do that.  

43 minutes ago, steveno89 said:

Harper back to the Nationals makes sense, but the Nationals are now over $200 million in payroll BEFORE potentially signing Harper. Signing him would easily push them into the luxury tax, and leave them with zero flexibility moving forward.

exactly, they'll be taxed on the front end and on their percentage of revenue sharing pool allotment.

14 minutes ago, daggins said:

I think that the Nats would also be 3rd time tax offenders, so the penalty would be even more stiff should they go over. But, I still think its possible.

I read the other day they would be hit with a 50% tax, so a 35 million AAV contract turns into a $52.5 million cost.

12 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

What's a fair price then?

I mentioned that I thought was fair - Abreu and a 2nd tier prospect.
Andujar was not an elite prospect (50ish); he had a good year - kind of Palka with an extra 30 OBP points.  He played his position poorly.  The Sox would take the risk that he can never play 3B.

If the Sox sign Machado, which one would think is no worse than 50/50 at this point, and if he stays at 3B, then it's moot.

Edited by GreenSox
  • Haha 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres