Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

15 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Yeah that's not what I said. If someone joins the board and quickly starts having sources, that should raise eye brows. If someone that has been here for a while says something, it's a different story.

Same thing I said a post earlier... All the sudden an influx of new posters with info

6 minutes ago, maggsmaggs said:

I won’t believe any poster until he or she proves him or herself. Rabbit has. Chili recently did with Herrera. There’s no benefit of the doubt here. 

Not sure how you want me to prove the FO is frustrated? If the Sox posted grrrrrrrrr on social media would that do? or TAT

4 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Not sure how you want me to prove the FO is frustrated? If the Sox posted grrrrrrrrr on social media would that do? or TAT

Dont bother. Had you brought good news, everyone would be singing your praises.

The fact you said something that could be seen as negative seems more legitimate to me.

Who knows. 

26 minutes ago, Blackout Friday said:

Guys, I’ve been holding back. I’m Jerry Reinsdorf. 

Mr, Lockwood, send me $100 and I will get this deal done. 

PM me for PayPal info.

When the son of the deposed king of Nigeria emails you directly asking for help, you help! His father ran the freaking country. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Don’t take this stuff personally, as it’s only natural for people to be skeptical.  More times than not people claiming to have inside info are full of shit and we need to be cautious when someone new shows up with a source.  That being said, most of us are glad you’re sharing what you’re hearing with us.  Hopefully you are being truthful because there really isn’t anything more pathetic than a fake, wannabe baseball insider.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Dont bother. Had you brought good news, everyone would be singing your praises.

The fact you said something that could be seen as negative seems more legitimate to me.

Who knows. 

I wish it was better news. I would love to break Manny or Harper to the Sox news. If I hear anything else I'll update. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Don’t take this stuff personally, as it’s only natural for people to be skeptical.  More times than not people claiming to have inside info are full of shit and we need to be cautious when someone new shows up with a source.  That being said, most of us are glad you’re sharing what you’re hearing with us.  Hopefully you are being truthful because there really isn’t anything more pathetic than a fake, wannabe baseball insider.

I get it for sure. Never can trust anyone. Especially people on the internet and baseball insiders. That actually should be a commandment. Thou shall not trust internet trolls and Dan Clark.

So I saw my source in person and he didn't have anything for me, sorry. It seems both sides are just in a staredown right now. I would bet Lozano is willing to accept the Sox offer today if there was some sort of deadline. 

I haven't heard anything to corroborate NotHahns' news about frustration, but maybe what I said above is why the Sox are frustrated? Because they feel like they have the best deal out there, but Lozano is willing to just sit on that offer until the Phillies decide they won't be getting Harper, and then have to offer up their "stupid money" to save face. No idea.

That's all speculation on my part, as again, my source didn't have anything substantial to tell me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

So I saw my source in person and he didn't have anything for me, sorry. It seems both sides are just in a staredown right now. I would bet Lozano is willing to accept the Sox offer today if there was some sort of deadline. 

I haven't heard anything to corroborate NotHahns' news about frustration, but maybe what I said above is why the Sox are frustrated? Because they feel like they have the best deal out there, but Lozano is willing to just sit on that offer until the Phillies decide they won't be getting Harper, and then have to offer up their "stupid money" to save face. No idea.

That's all speculation on my part, as again, my source didn't have anything substantial to tell me.

Hear anything about their current offer?

2 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

The longer this drags on, the more I believe that the White Sox are being used as pawns by both Harper and Machado’s camp. 

Move never felt like we’ll get Harper, but I’ve been optimistic about Machado. Really feels like we’re being used to drive up offers though.

From who?

3 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

The longer this drags on, the more I believe that the White Sox are being used as pawns by both Harper and Machado’s camp. 

Move never felt like we’ll get Harper, but I’ve been optimistic about Machado. Really feels like we’re being used to drive up offers though.

I don't think its that i think its just clear that the Sox aren't their 1st choice 

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Which makes sense.  Once they agree on high level figures the rest will come fast.  

Did your guy mention anything about our interest in Harper and whether or not we’d still pursue if we landed Manny?

Nope. He's never said a word about Harper, nor have I asked. So I have no idea.

• Thanks 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres