Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

42 minutes ago, bmags said:

Dang Yankees fans went from agnostic in the beginning to starting to panic.  Very enjoyable.

Love it because they’re such a spoiled fan base. They expect to land every big time free agent. I wish Manny would sign with the Sox so they could just be tortured lol.

14 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I want Machado for us obviously first & foremost, but watching these Yankees squirm a bit is definitely a nice tertiary benefit!

Yeah, signing Machado does a lot for this team, but if (and when) it happens, I can't wait to see the meltdowns by New Yorkers and the media.

• Like 1

How does deleting tweets working in twitter?  Do they go away forever or just from your feed?  I was able to find the tweet below via a google search but can’t find it in Dan Clark’s feed:

Also, maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but I swear Dan Clark mentioned something about a Jan 7th press of conference shortly after his breaking “Machado to Yankees” tweet.  And that I can’t find that in his feed either.  Just wondering if this guy has started deleted some of the more sketchy stuff he’s posted.

1 hour ago, bmags said:

Dang Yankees fans went from agnostic in the beginning to starting to panic.  Very enjoyable.

Good band mentioned in this post as well, close at least. "Can you take me high enough" good theme for the day of rumors.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

How does deleting tweets working in twitter?  Do they go away forever or just from your feed?  I was able to find the tweet below via a google search but can’t find it in Dan Clark’s feed:

Also, maybe I’m thinking of someone else, but I swear Dan Clark mentioned something about a Jan 7th press of conference shortly after his breaking “Machado to Yankees” tweet.  And that I can’t find that in his feed either.  Just wondering if this guy has started deleted some of the more sketchy stuff he’s posted.

I think you are right. Wouldn’t be surprised. He’s been known to do that. 

• Like 1

From Rosenthal in The Athletic

Which brings us to the cases of Bryce Harper and Manny Machado, the two leading free agents in this year’s market, and the latest examples of why the game’s current economic system is outdated and flawed.

Entering the third month of free agency, neither player appears close to signing, though as always, talks can accelerate with one text or phone call.

In fact, Machado’s agent, Dan Lozano, is barely engaging clubs at the moment, seemingly taking his time and waiting for a team to jump, according to team executives involved in the negotiations.”

15 minutes ago, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

I think you are right. Wouldn’t be surprised. He’s been known to do that. 

May want to check the reply section on someone's twitter profile. Not everything shows up on the main feed. 

I can already see what will happen.  There will be spikes of supposed activity that will result in a flurry of tweets and posts.  Then, one day when we're bored and nothing is seemingly going on he'll sign.  SoxTalk will lock up, shouts (good or bad) will be bellowed, computers will be hugged (or punched), and we'll all madly search for one of previous posts to share and say, "see, I told you guys this would happen!"

Edited by hogan873

Yankee fans are so triggered right now. You have Dan Clark and then Simonetti or whatever his name is declare it as done. Rosenthal comes in and drops a bomb! Dan Lozano is barely engaging with teams at the moment. Far from over if you ask me and the Sox and unfortunately Phillies are still alive.

Edited by Orlando

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres