yesterday333

Manny: Agent of Chaos

2 minutes ago, beckham15 said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and say it ends for Machado this week. It seems to finally be dying down and I don’t think Machados agent has much ammo left for posturing, hence the “mystery” team coming into the picture at the last minute. 

I know they have been quiet, but I think the Dodgers are the “mystery team” as the outsiders to resign Machado or sign Harper.  I think their trade was a big sign they are up to something.  Seager will be back, but I still wouldn’t rule Dodgers/Yankees out.  Too big...too strong.  

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

When it comes to job performance only, it is a contest. When it comes to being an asshole, douchey or whatever, GarPax takes the cake. The only thing that Hahn and KW have on GarPax is professionalism. They're all really bad at their job. 

It’s not even close. Think of the last time last time Rick Hahn has made a good move, now think of the last the time Gar Forman has made one.

What would the consensus SoxTalk results be for the Fulmer, Collins, Burdi and Burger picks?  Couldn't be much worse.

That's also on Hostetler....unless you buy into the storyline that Hahn was forced into Shields and Burdi from on high to compete in 2016 without significantly adding to payroll.

3 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

It’s not even close. Think of the last time last time Rick Hahn has made a good move, now think of the last the time Gar Forman has made one.

About the same time, I'd say the Butler trade was a good move, I'm not sure Hahn has made one since trading Quintana. The rest are all meh. Both were in June/July 2017. Hahn overpays a lot in trades. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

That "Good core" of 3-4 players put up less WAR than the top 2 players on the Angels every single year it was here. 

That "Good core" of 3-4 players together each year put up less WAR than the left side of Cleveland's infield each of the last 2 years.  And that's without the F***ing cy young caliber pitchers. THAT's a good core. 

It was an OK core, not deserving of substantial praise. If that's your core, you're a mid-70s win team.

Only if you’re using the inferior WAR stats. Lindor/Ramirez was only 12.4 in 2017 and 15.6 in 2018. The core of Sale/Q/Eaton/Abreu was 17.3 in 2016. 

3 minutes ago, FT35 said:

I know they have been quiet, but I think the Dodgers are the “mystery team” as the outsiders to resign Machado or sign Harper.  I think their trade was a big sign they are up to something.  Seager will be back, but I still wouldn’t rule Dodgers/Yankees out.  Too big...too strong.  

They are just going to dump Turner?  He's the heart and soul of that team, in many ways.

1 minute ago, Joshua Strong said:

Who comes to Chicago first? 

Ben Simmons or Manny Machado?

Does this mean we have to trade for Kendall Jenner?

Just now, fathom said:

As long as we get Kris, it’s a steal. I think Kris can run a NBA team better than GarPax and Boylen 

3 minutes ago, fathom said:

Might sell more tickets than Moustakas and Pollock.  Definitely more Instagram likes and followers.  Yahoo News would have at least 2~3 stories on the Sox per week.

Edited by caulfield12
  • Like 1

Just now, Joshua Strong said:

As long as we get Kris, it’s a steal. I think Kris can run a NBA team better than GarPax and Boylen 

Lamar Odom, Kris Humphies, Ben Simmons, Tristan Thompson and Jordan Clarkson will be their starting five

2 minutes ago, Joshua Strong said:

As long as Kris Humphries isn't part of the package.

1 minute ago, fathom said:

Lamar Odom, Kris Humphies, Ben Simmons, Tristan Thompson and Jordan Clarkson will be their starting five

Kris Humphries representing light skin brothers everywhere. 

Just now, Jack Parkman said:

About the same time, I'd say the Butler trade was a good move, I'm not sure Hahn has made one since trading Quintana. The rest are all meh. 

Is it? Have you seen Markkanen this year? They traded away a first round pick in the process. It’s a move they had to make, but consensus at the time was they sold low on Butler. A year and a half later, that’s still looking to be the case. And besides this move, you’d be hard pressed to find anything that resembles a good move by Gar. Not only that, he has also made a bunch of terrible moves in between. Hahn has made a few great move at start of the rebuild, and recent moves has been at least meh to decent. But it’s not even close if you compare him to Gar.

5 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Is it? Have you seen Markkanen this year? They traded away a first round pick in the process. It’s a move they had to make, but consensus at the time was they sold low on Butler. A year and a half later, that’s still looking to be the case. And besides this move, you’d be hard pressed to find anything that resembles a good move by Gar. Not only that, he has also made a bunch of terrible moves in between. Hahn has made a few great move at start of the rebuild, and recent moves has been at least meh to decent. But it’s not even close if you compare him to Gar.

Well until Moncada shows more and Kopech gets healthy, you could say that Hahn basically gave away Sale, and the Eaton trade doesn't look all that good either. 

I still believe in the talent of all of those guys, though. God forbid Eloy gets called up and starts 3-45 or something horrendous like that. 

It would be so White Sox to only get MLB players out of the 60-100 range guys at the time of their MLB debuts, and Kopech and Cease turn into relievers, and Moncada/Jimenez/Robert turn into average players or busts. 

If the best players at their peak from these trades are 3-4 WAR guys, then they're doomed. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

3 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/best-and-worst-moves-of-the-garpax-era-gallery/

Lmao you guys are terrible.

I think Hahn is a smart guy. I think he understands development and scouting were an issue with this org. I feel his hands seem tied at times. I think KW still thinks he's the gm. I might be biased cause I think Kenny is an arrogant baffon who's cashed in mightly on 05. And to this day I really believe hawk pushed the AJ signing.  Any other org he probably would be gone. I think there's a few people in the org who's time has come and its time to move on. Coop being one. How long did it take for Baines to move? Yes you love him and love what he did for the franchise but he seemed to be a deadbeat in the dugout. 

1 minute ago, Princess Dye said:

RE: Lauri Markkanen

if I want hot information on a tall Swede, I will go to many other forums; not this one

He's a Finn, but whatever. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

Say what you will about Hoiberg but I think he was good at helping develop the players, there were stories about him staying with players after practice and helping them refine their shots and what not. 

It seems like some of the Bulls young players are stuck in neutral under Boylen, in regards to their development. 

Markkenan and Lavine can’t shoot threes?

Markkenan isn’t a prime option on offense? There was a game where he only got off six shots.

Wendell Carter Jr. is getting pulled after 13 minutes?

Kris Dunn can’t push the tempo?

The Bulls are a joke, everybody needs to go.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Jack Parkman said:

Well until Moncada shows more and Kopech gets healthy, you could say that Hahn basically gave away Sale, and the Eaton trade doesn't look all that good either. 

Jury is still out, but at least at the time of the trade, media has Hahn fleecing the other team from the big 3 trades. I couldn’t remember the last time we had consensus Gar has won a trade that actually proved out to be true after. Besides the awful trades (like the McDermott or Cam Payne one), it’s also his inability to make the necessary moves that puts Gar at another level of incompetence.

• Thanks 1