Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

According to Quin, this means Machado is signing for $575M! What an idiot!

I honestly figured we'd be locking this thread well before 150 pages, but it has taken on a mind of it's own.

Also, the Machado Contract Formula does not specify years. So I guess we should add that. 

Entire formula, with P representing page lengths.

(P/12) Years / $(P*2.5)M

With 230 page numbers, Machado would be looking at $575M over 19 years.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Quin said:

"No sources here, just a lukewarm take."

I didn't mean for people to think he had info, I'm just laughing at how unrealistic his expectations (and according to the comments, many Phillies fans) are about this situation. These guys would be upset if they didn't GET BOTH? Sheeesh, tough crowd.

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I didn't mean for people to think he had info, I'm just laughing at how unrealistic his expectations (and according to the comments, many Phillies fans) are about this situation. These guys would be upset if they didn't GET BOTH? Sheeesh, tough crowd.

that philly fans for you i mean it took awhile to respect rowand

Just now, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Maybe, unless they were to get them both on sub $300M deals, I would be a little worries about hamstringing the payroll.

Yeah I am not someone who thinks getting both would be a good team building strategy. Would start to bite fairly quick as soon as players in arb.

3 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Well,  I'll be upset if the Sox don't sign both.

Idk. I've been at this point for about a week or so, where I'm fully comfortable where the Sox are with Machado. 

This is also coming from the same person who didn't believe heading into the off-season that they had a chance at either.

The thing here is simple- Neither player has a big market. On top of that, no team is offering crazy money.

I'd be very surprised & massively disappointed if the Sox don't end up with Machado & personally, I think we'll see a resolution this coming week.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

Yeah I am not someone who thinks getting both would be a good team building strategy. Would start to bite fairly quick as soon as players in arb.

Realistically one or both guys would opt out when before starts to become an issue.  I would happily add both as long as we plan on having $170M+ payrolls for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Realistically one or both guys would opt out when before starts to become an issue.  I would happily add both as long as we plan on having $170M+ payrolls for the foreseeable future.

Still hoping there’s no opt out on machado.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Still hoping there’s no opt out on machado.

I've been wondering for the past week or so if the opt outs are even worth it for the player in this free agent climate now. Granted things will probably change with a new CBA but as of right now I think I would rather have guaranteed money.

Edited by Sockin

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres