Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

MLBTradeRumors, but it’s a complete wasteland where you’ll be called a homo or retard if you disagree with anyone.  So basically it’s the equivalent of YouTube’s comments section.

Yea agreed.  I can’t believe that’s the best.  The ESPN boards were the coolest thing to ever exist online

21 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Soxtalk is either the Fox News or CNN of reporting White Sox news depending on which side of the fence you are on.

NYY sources/rumors : FAKE NEWS!!

Nightengale rumors about any other team: FAKE NEWS!

Nightengale rumor about the Sox offering a contract: PANDAMONIUM!!

Which by the way, not to be a buzz  kill..... what did you expect... us to meet with him and not actually make a formal offer? And if it is really just 7 years? That's not going to get it done...

Before Christmas I said Machado 50%, Harper 15% and both 7.5%

Today I say Machado 30%, Harper 10% and both at 3%.

I may be the only one not drinking the sauce here...

You must have not read this board last week when most jumped off the Machado ship when tweet from an imposter journalist came out.

3 minutes ago, peavy44 said:

I wonder if yankees offer is to machado 4 years $200M and white sox offer 7 years $300M would he pass up the money to be a yankee.

Absolutely not. 

1) No player would leave $100 million on the table

2) $50 AAV is absurd in this market and not going to happen

17 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I think it’s about time we accept the fact that while Guff is a solid podcaster, his abilities as an insider leave a lot to be desired.

He was the first to have Q trade being imminent this summer.

I know McGuffey and he's a good dude so I am biased but I think we're seeing him just kind of struggle to toe the line as reporter/producer and fan of the team. Given the state of the White Sox fan base right now, him toeing that line got elevated to the extent of it bringing plenty of attention his way. He seemed to be supporting both sides of the argument yesterday and it wasn't evidently clear what was from a "source" or what was his opinion.

As far as Levine's tweets, he's a pawn of sorts. That's not to say that he doesn't have sources because he most certainly does but unless he's reporting something is imminent, I would ignore him. Levine has to give to get the source to give back.

Levine gives - "White Sox not going to sign anyone to a record breaking deal. - Ignore or consider for the implication of why the Sox would want that out. 

Levine gets back - "White Sox to sign Jeurys Familia" - Take seriously

Levine kept saying the Sox would not offer Cespedes or Gordon more than three years over and over and over again. Sox offered them both four years. Now Levine is saying the White Sox won't offer 10 years. I just don't buy that from what I know.  Why would the Sox offer 10 years if other teams are falling years short? The Sox have what they're willing to spend their limit. It just doesn't seem they're being pushed to give their best offer yet. Wildcard is still Phillies for me. Even if Harper/Machado don't want to go there, it seems they're the only team offering the same ballpark of offers the Sox are willing to put forth. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, raBBit said:

I know McGuffey and he's a good dude so I am biased but I think we're seeing him just kind of struggle to toe the line as reporter/producer and fan of the team. Given the state of the White Sox fan base right now, him toeing that line got elevated to the extent of it bringing plenty of attention his way. He seemed to be supporting both sides of the argument yesterday and it wasn't evidently clear what was from a "source" or what was his opinion.

As far as Levine's tweets, he's a pawn of sorts. That's not to say that he doesn't have sources because he most certainly does but unless he's reporting something is imminent, I would ignore him. Levine has to give to get the source to give back.

Levine gives - "White Sox not going to sign anyone to a record breaking deal. - Ignore or consider for the implication of why the Sox would want that out. 

Levine kept saying the Sox would not offer Cespedes or Gordon more than three years over and over and over again. Sox offered them both four years. Now Levine is saying the White Sox won't offer 10 years. I just don't buy that from what I know.  Why would the Sox offer 10 years if other teams are falling years short? The Sox have what they're willing to spend their limit. It just doesn't seem they're being pushed to give their best offer yet. Wildcard is still Phillies for me. Even if Harper/Machado don't want to go there, it seems they're the only team offering the same ballpark of offers the Sox are willing to put forth. 

Agree with what you're saying here. 

Sox won't be capped at seven years, but also won't go to ten years if they do not have to. This speculation and back and forth is really just agents/front offices leaking what suits their agenda right now. 

Believe the hype when the national media guys say that something is brewing, the local guys tend to be pawns that get thrown a bone here or there. When the big guns start to chirp, the stove is indeed hot. 

You can get the oddball leaks like the wetbutt's of the world, but these negotiations seem to be pretty tightly under wraps. 

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

100% agree on Levine, he does occasionally break transactions, but most of his rumor type tweets seem like obvious plants.  

As for Guff, totally seems like a good dude but I’m going to take his rumors at face value.  I mean, yesterday he basically agreed with Levine and then inmedietly kind of back-tracked by saying don’t believe everything you here with these rumors.  He may be privy to some info, but my guess it’s a similar situation to Bruce.

• Heads22 changed the title to Manny: Everything looks Soxy?
3 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

I will say this, if we sign Machado, at a very minimum I want us to add Ottavino, another starter, and an OF.  The SP & OF don’t have to be stars or even long-term commitments, but can’t go into 2019 with Covey & Engel/Palka playing crucial roles.

Unless the OF is Pollock, Engel is starting anyway, unless somehow they can swing a trade for Fisher or Tapia. 

Keuchel is the only SP on the market worth signing left, other than garbage diving guys like Pomeranz or Buchholz. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres