yesterday333

Manny: Agent of Chaos

16 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

So lets say the Yankees are at 7-year, $220 million and the Sox are at 7-year, $270 million, do we think that is enough for us to land him?

Logically, taxes alone hurt that Yankees offer compared to the Sox. Hell, if that’s the two deals, I would throw another year on the end of it.

Just now, bmags said:

We all thought it was a terrible system when the yankees would just overwhelm the top FA every year with money, probably worse when the yankees get them on a discount.

True. However, I don't think this is a common case where it's a significant amount. This applies to Machado  but not Harper this year.

Just now, CWSpalehoseCWS said:

Logically, taxes alone hurt that Yankees offer compared to the Sox. Hell, if that’s the two deals, I would throw another year on the end of it.

It makes a lot of sense if the Sox are offering 7/270ish...with the back pocket being 8/300 if Lozano plays the "need to up the ante" rhetoric.  That deal is still market value and only pays up until age 34 season...which still should be very productive for his bat. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, EloyJenkins said:

It makes a lot of sense if the Sox are offering 7/270ish...with the back pocket being 8/300 if Lozano plays the "need to up the ante" rhetoric.  That deal is still market value and only pays up until age 34 season...which still should be very productive for his bat. 

Yep. As a final offer I think that’s pretty solid. Can’t see the Yankees going anywhere even close to that amount. But will the Sox entertain that total? Because everything we’ve heard so far seems to imply they won’t.

For real how do you block a member? If I go to the profile page of the individual I can't seem to find a mute button... is it somewhere else im not looking?

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

For real how do you block a member? If I go to the profile page of the individual I can't seem to find a mute button... is it somewhere else im not looking?

If you're on PC, just hover your mouse over his name in the thread and there's an ignore option. 

• Like 1

Just now, Roughneck said:

Reading the posts from peavey, are we sure this guy isn't the Iron Sheik?

He hasn't called anyone bubba yet.

2 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

If you're on PC, just hover your mouse over his name in the thread and there's an ignore option. 

Thank you!

9 minutes ago, bmags said:

If everyone could just move on from this I would appreciate it.

Can we all just block him? That way, the ones that do can stop seeing people quote him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

No he did not. You DO NOT share people's private contact information over the internet without their permission just because you do not like them. Sharing private information to encourage harassment of that person can be considered doxxing and may be considered a crime.

Yankees fans going destroy his twitter account anyways make him delete it.

5 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

It is super easy.  Click your user name profile in top right corner.  Go to ignored users.  Type in peavy44.  Problem solved.  Your life will be better because of it.  

1 minute ago, ChiSox59 said:

It is super easy.  Click your user name profile in top right corner.  Go to ignored users.  Type in peavy44.  Problem solved.  Your life will be better because of it.  

won't that shorten the thread by like 20% though? I thought size matters...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, EloyJenkins said:

won't that shorten the thread by like 20% though? I thought size matters...

It will still show that he posts but you won't be able to read it (unless you select that you want to). Hopefully after a while, these threads are just him sharing the opinions of people from Twitter we don't give a fuck about and no one responds to any of them since by that time, everyone has blocked him.

Edited by soxfan2014
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

He hasn't called anyone bubba yet.

8 minutes ago, Roughneck said:

He make Dan Clark humble. Old country way.

I think we can all agree Dan Clark is the dog shit jabroni, however.

• Haha 1

Just so anyone who is wondering what just happened knows - the moderators cleared a post with inappropriate content and are dealing with the poster. A few posts are being archived to clear them out.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, KnightsOnMintSt said:

The Manny chatter on Twitter seems quiet this morning... A little too quiet.

That's a good thing for us, IMO

I kind of feel bad for having to do it, I think he's well intentioned with his enthusiasm based on his twitter profile, it's just watering down my experience here. No hard feelings, I just can't keep reading it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, southsider2k5 said:

It is one thing to post a twitter account, but when personal contact information gets published, that is something that will always cross the line here.  Rant and rave if you like, but we will be host to going after someone in an intimate setting.

I agree. I mean, if that guy made his own email address publically available, he should expect to get mocking emails when he's proven wrong, But if he didn't make his email address public and someone found it, that's wrong. And in general, it's a good idea to not harass people via email. Tag him in a tweet laughing at him and call it a day.