Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

24 minutes ago, Hot FiRe said:

Lol, multiple false statements in here. If I lost any I would be suspended. The mods are aware of it, aka they will honor the bet. This is light hearted stuff man. I'm not sure why you're getting so upset about it. 

Lol, I am not upset at all.  Just find it annoying that you propose a bet damn near daily despite not backing up previous ones. Moving along.  

5 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

And then potentially million's in maintenance, hangar fees, gasoline, insurance etc.  Jets aren't just a $1m plane and a $200k pilot, it could be $4M a year to own. 

Silly law abider. I'd kidnap a mechanic, park the thing on my neighbor's lawn, siphon gasoline from folks at the local airfield, and find some cut-rate insurance based out of Mexico. Problem solved.

On a serious note, though, I could be wrong, but a) I think you're a bit high on those costs (my dad owned a plane, albeit a smaller one, for years, and we're not millionaires) and b) I feel confident someone who earned $150 million over the course of their career (and we're ignoring the many endorsement deals a guy like KG would have) could, with even conservative investments, produce more than $4 million in additional yearly income.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Princess Dye said:

The way i handle this is:

-Private jet for when i'm touring teams with family in tow

-First class for the follow-up visit to sign my contract.

That is my own personal practice, mind you.

Zero chance he flies commercial to go sign a $350,000,000 payday.  

I know a guy worth maybe 10-15mm and he flies private.  I mean, he is a dumb asshole but he still has 5% the money Manny has and .0001% the money Jerry has.  

1 hour ago, Whitesox27 said:

Here is how I see the suitors for each guy as of now:

Machado: White Sox/Phillies/Yankees/mystery team 

Harper: White Sox/Dodgers/Phillies/mystery team

Algebraically, 1/4 X 1/4 = 1/16 which is 6.25%. That isn't entirely accurate because there are other factors involved like you mentioned, but the Sox have as much, if not more money to spend than the competition and have the luxury of waiting it out. I'm liking the odds of the Sox getting one of them if nothing else, but getting both still isn't out of the question for me.

I wish I could be this optimistic in life. I'd think life would be much more enjoyable. Alas, I'm me.

I'll go 33% on Machado and less than 10% on Harper. Harper is too smart to sign here. He wants the lights and glamour. He's a Cubs/Dodgers/Yankees/BoSox type of guy.

Just now, The Sir said:

Silly law abider. I'd kidnap a mechanic, park the thing on my neighbor's lawn, siphon gasoline from folks at the local airfield, and find some cut-rate insurance based out of Mexico. Problem solved.

On a serious note, though, I could be wrong, but a) I think you're a bit high on those costs (my dad owned a plane, albeit a smaller one, for years, and we're not millionaires) and b) I feel confident someone who earned $150 million over the course of their career (and we're ignoring the many endorsement deals a guy like KG would have) could, with even conservative investments, produce more than $4 million in additional yearly income.

I just used an estimate from Honeywell that was found online on costs.  I'm also going off of a friend who has a jet, he spends quite a bit per year on his (bought used and a few years old) but he also doesn't have the bankroll that the Kid has.  

I also saw an article at some point recently that stated the average private jet owner is worth $1.5B, I think it was on marketwatch.  I'm sure there are plenty of options for planes/ownerships and options.

Just now, BrianAnderson said:

I wish I could be this optimistic in life. I'd think life would be much more enjoyable. Alas, I'm me.

I'll go 33% on Machado and less than 10% on Harper. Harper is too smart to sign here. He wants the lights and glamour. He's a Cubs/Dodgers/Yankees/BoSox type of guy. 

Too bad for him those teams are interested in offering a record breaking contract.

6 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Really enjoying this thread about Boeing. haha.

The semi-rich .... so sports stars... (not your Billionaires) generally use NetJets from what I've heard. It's uber for private planes. Keeps cost down a bit.

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Too bad for him those teams are interested in offering a record breaking contract.

we literally know nothing about any of the contracts given or any of the talks. this thread is talking about a twitter troll faking he's on a plane with Machado. Our insider information is zilch. For all we know the Sox contract 7 years or 10. and between 200-400mm. I don't get why were all so sure the cubs and the dodgers aren't looming more seriously.

5 minutes ago, Chi Town Sox said:

I just used an estimate from Honeywell that was found online on costs.  I'm also going off of a friend who has a jet, he spends quite a bit per year on his (bought used and a few years old) but he also doesn't have the bankroll that the Kid has.  

I also saw an article at some point recently that stated the average private jet owner is worth $1.5B, I think it was on marketwatch.  I'm sure there are plenty of options for planes/ownerships and options.

Wow. Thought people a lot less rich than that would be in that market. I believe you, though.

Again, I think this would just be my big thing if I was rich. Even less so than being a billionaire. Have a plane (could be old and used, as long as the range is oceanic), and a few yachts strategically stationed around the world, and I could vacay whenever and wherever I wanted. Probably not everyone's dream, though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Really enjoying this thread about Boeing. haha.

The semi-rich .... so sports stars... (not your Billionaires) generally use NetJets from what I've heard. It's uber for private planes. Keeps cost down a bit.

No joke, I've thought about the viability of creating some sort of Air Uber. Of course somebody already did it. Guess I have to keep thinking about how to make my fortune.

1 minute ago, Princess Dye said:

More interesting than the airplane talk is that Vassegh did his radio hit on 670 The Score yesterday and seemed to imply he gets tidbits from Ned Coletti.

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing, but it seemed weird that he would give away his source, when he was VERY worried about his quote being taken 100% at it's face value.

6 minutes ago, BrianAnderson said:

Like I said, sign Machado and I'll be more than content. I don't think getting both is likely or realistic but my point was that the odds aren't as slim as SS2K5 is making them out to be.

6 minutes ago, The Sir said:

Wow. Thought people a lot less rich than that would be in that market. I believe you, though.

Again, I think this would just be my big thing if I was rich. Even less so than being a billionaire. Have a plane (could be old and used, as long as the range is oceanic), and a few yachts strategically stationed around the world, and I could vacay whenever and wherever I wanted. Probably not everyone's dream, though.

Found it!  Yeah, that seems like a ridiculously high number, it's about half way down.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/even-most-multimillionaires-cant-afford-to-own-a-private-jet-2018-04-03

Edited by Chi Town Sox

David Vassegh is at it again on his radio show today, and to paraphrase he was talking about the rumor he started and mocking Sox fans for being desperate to be happy about anything positive for the team. And going on about how they have been so bad for so long, and Sox fans freak out over this, where other cities wouldn't care about this news. And he felt like he was being attacked by hungry animals foaming at the mouth for something to be happy about.

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

David Vassegh is at it again on his radio show today, and to paraphrase he was talking about the rumor he started and mocking Sox fans for being desperate to be happy about anything positive for the team. And going on about how they have been so bad for so long, and Sox fans freak out over this, where other cities wouldn't care about this news. And he felt like he was being attacked by hungry animals foaming at the mouth for something to be happy about.

Just ignore him.  Just an entitled LA douche bag.  

He is also wrong.  Most (all?) fanbases would be excited about a top 10 player in any sport that is a FA supposedly leaning towards signing with their team.  

Edited by ChiSox59

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Does somebody want to tell him that the White Sox have more rings in the past 30 years than his Dodgers?

• Like 1

Just now, ChiSox59 said:

Just ignore him.  Just an entitled LA douche bag.  

I'm still listening and he has called us "South Side trolls" on twitter, and said he was just trying to enjoy a nice day at the Zoo and he had 670 The Score calling him to come on their show and then complained that they were grilling him like a bratwurst, but then bragged about "And I did get a couple of jabs about how bad the White Sox have been the last 6 years".

Wow what a tool.

5 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Shitty to hear out loud, but is he really lying?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

I'm still listening and he has called us "South Side trolls" on twitter, and said he was just trying to enjoy a nice day at the Zoo and he had 670 The Score calling him to come on their show and then complained that they were grilling him like a bratwurst, but then bragged about "And I did get a couple of jabs about how bad the White Sox have been the last 6 years".

Wow what a tool.

Sounds amazing like the Yankees guy

Just now, Ross Gload Fan said:

Shitty to hear out loud, but is he really lying?

Most fanbases would be excited a guy that is "really close" to player X stating that they believe player X is leaning towards signing with their club.  

2 minutes ago, ChiliIrishHammock24 said:

Wow what a tool.

Wasn’t a good look for him, especially since neither host was a Sox fan.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres