Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, Dick Allen said:

It’s a ton of money, but money he will never spend. I don’t blame players for taking the highest offer, but at some point, it all becomes the same in really. I get parents want to leave their kids on easy street. But you also want them to be useful members of society. Manny should hav plenty to leave his kids. Right now it is about records and ego which is fine.

I agree in some respects. But $260M, turns into $130M pretty quick. I wouldn’t be so quick to assume that Manny won’t put that money to use at some point in his life. 

3 minutes ago, Soxman72 said:

Could very well be right, but do you gamble that?  If numbers and years are not as high as earlier thought (300 mil and 10 years), you may have a team (like the Cardinals possible hail mary earlier reported) jump in last minute because numbers are low.

I don't think the Cardinals are in on him (other than the offer Dave reported) because it seems like everything they do is leaked. I don't feel like they would be the "mystery" team, rather people would just hear the Cardinals are now in. 

2 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Make a list of questions and I'll see what I can do. 

1. Is Manny gonna sign with us? (Lol)

2. If we are indeed interested in Harper, if Manny signed with us first would that end the Harper interest or could we sign both?

3. Basically anything and everything lol

Just now, Wanne said:

Yes...because Manny's wife longs for the night life in St. Louis.

Like everyone has said, money talks. Not that I think they would actually offer the most. Plus, with the team being on the road so much, the Machado's can own a place in New York for his wife to stay when the team is on the road.

Edited by soxfan2014

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres