Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

44 minutes ago, soxfan2014 said:

And only one of those guys (Hader) is great. 

The point is they've been willing to give up young talent in trades (and not just stunted prospects) for 2nd tier vets.  I'm not pointing fingers - heck Fliers helped the Astros for a year or 2.  But they have the prospect depth to trade from and are willing to trade it which a)is why  it makes sense to trade with them and b)I hope the Sox can keep a pipeline flowing like they have.

Edited by GreenSox

When NotHahn said 3 or 4 days ago that he was meeting with his source Saturday - I thought no way! I'm not waiting till Saturday. Someone had better have signed by then. Lol. And here we are.    Waiting.  Still Waiting.  For something.  Anything. 

39 minutes ago, GreenSox said:

The point is they've been willing to give up young talent in trades (and not just stunted prospects) for 2nd tier vets.  I'm not pointing fingers - heck Fliers helped the Astros for a year or 2.  But they have the prospect depth to trade from and are willing to trade it which a)is why  it makes sense to trade with them and b)I hope the Sox can keep a pipeline flowing like they have.

Are these trades questionable or did the astros correctly assess the value of these players when they sent them to other teams?   If only one of the theee players you just named has actually amounted to a good player, I wouldn't say that is questionable at all.   

I feel like you will only get behind any trade if the value you send away is significantly lower than the value that you receive, and that is negotiating in bad faith and will probably put you in a bad spot with other gms 

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Not to be the negative Nancy here (apologies to all Nancies) but do we really believe notHahn?

I'm not referring to notHahn with this replay but after reading this thread and several others, it all depends on the rumor. If it's what people want to hear they tend to go with it but if it's not what they want to hear they try to discredit the rumor. I take it all with a grain of salt until a deal is announced.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

Not to be the negative Nancy here (apologies to all Nancies) but do we really believe notHahn?

I think he knows somebody connected to the Sox. The stuff he has relayed about Harper is very similar to what Bucket was saying (we are still very much in play for him). I don't see NotHahn going through the trouble of fabricating a birthday party for a 1 year old kid when he doesn't really have anything to gain. He hasn't been trying to drop some huge scoop on us. It seems genuine. That obviously doesn't mean it is, but using my gut instinct based on how he has been describing his connection, I feel like it's not bullshit.

3 minutes ago, NotHahn said:

Wish I had better news. Driving right now but not looking good. 

Wow. Not really what you want to hear after thinking the stars are aligning for this.

Seriously, if they're not willing to spend the money it would take, when will they ever? Sell the team, Jerry.

Edited by soxfan2014

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres