Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

1 minute ago, Chicago White Sox said:

But what momentum was actually building?  I think we’re all confusing the addition of Jay and some random tweets from insiders to suggest things were actually moving when in reality I don’t think that’s probably not the case.  To me, it really seems like it’s been the same stand-still for weeks, except now the Yankees are out and we’ved added another one of Manny’s friends.  Those are good things, but not indicative of any momentum.  Nothing really going to change in that respect until one side finally blinks.

Maybe, but macsandz has typically been more reserved when things are like that. Him being so positive definitely made it feel like it was close.

• Like 1

So Boras makes you feel far apart forever and then gradually anchors you to a deal higher than you would think the market would still be. Maybe this guy makes you feel close, drags it out, close, drags it out until you become sick of it and pay up.

3 minutes ago, bmags said:

board: “Give us ANY information ANYTHiNG”

poster: “bad news...”

board: “oh check out this guy acting like an insider what does he know I’ll take my GoOD info from days ago.”

Nobody should've trusted NotHahn to begin with. Not trying to take shots at all and I'm sure they're a good person but just doesn't make sense

4 minutes ago, bmags said:

Maybe, but macsandz has typically been more reserved when things are like that. Him being so positive definitely made it feel like it was close.

raBBit said Wednesday. If it doesn't happen by then, maybe it's time to worry. But until that happens, then I refuse to be upset over this non news

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bmags said:

Perhaps, but I continue to take any positive insider info to mean the organization feels its in a good spot to land one of these guys based on their assessment of the market and knowing they still have plenty of room to go up with their bids.  I honestly believe when Machado finally picks a team, it’s going to come so fast (because someone caved and changed their ask / offer) that our insiders won’t be privy to that in time to share in advance of it leaking through the national insiders.

46 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

I feel like you will only get behind any trade if the value you send away is significantly lower than the value that you receive, and that is negotiating in bad faith and will probably put you in a bad spot with other gms 

While I don't disagree with you in principle, I hardly think that the results of trades over the last 6 years put the Sox at risk of negotiating in bad faith with other teams.

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

raBBit said Wednesday. If it doesn't happen by then, maybe it's time to worry. But until that happens, then I refuse to be upset over this non news

He also said the same thing a week ago and then wednesday passed with nothing.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

This whole thing about waiting until Wednesday seems completely arbitrary though...more of an in-joke about how many big Sox moves have gone down on that day in recent years.

That said, it will fit the one week timeline of the Gomez news.

I really don't think rabbit would say Wednesday arbitrarily 

4 minutes ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I don't believe he ever said anything about this coming Wednesday. Four days ago (Tuesday), he tweeted that the White Sox used to always make their big moves on Wednesdays. I don't think he had any inside information that something would happen with Manny/Harper on Wednesday.

Or are you referring to something else he said?

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres