Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, SoxBlanco said:

I don't believe he ever said anything about this coming Wednesday. Four days ago (Tuesday), he tweeted that the White Sox used to always make their big moves on Wednesdays. I don't think he had any inside information that something would happen with Manny/Harper on Wednesday.

Or are you referring to something else he said?

Rabbit has never actually put a timeline on it. Like you said, he said things usually happen on Wednesday but at no point did he ever say "the White Sox will sign Manny Machado on Wednesday."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

I really don't think rabbit would say Wednesday arbitrarily 

What are the odds he could possibly know ahead of time what will happen with Harper, when they could get Machado in for a physical...and signing press conference, it’s not the type of thing anyone but Reinsdorf, the front office and shareholders will know until the final hours if everything comes together quickly.

2 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

What are the odds he could possibly know ahead of time what will happen with Harper, when they could get Machado in for a physical...and signing press conference, it’s not the type of thing anyone but Reinsdorf, the front office and shareholders will know until the final hours if everything comes together quickly.

He doesn't know the exact day. That's why he put a timeline on it. Because he feels it's that close

2 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

He said would be surprised if they didn’t sign him by next Wednesday.

Must have missed that yesterday then. I do think that Machado will sign somewhere next week. I think Harper will follow in the week or two after.

3 minutes ago, ItsCalledComiskey said:

I believe the longer the Manny hunt goes on, the worse it is for us. 

I disagree.  We can wait as long as anyone.  The Phillies will have to look at other options to improve their roster.  Also, I think it’s far less likely a mystery team jumps in the fray last second with Machado than Harper.

2 minutes ago, Perfect Vision said:

NotHahn, my man, I know it's snowing but it's been almost an hour since your post.  How far away do you live from this 1 yr old?

Most people aren't driving faster than 35 mph right now so I wouldn't be surprised if he was stuck driving for awhile. Everyone chill, grab your drink of choice, and listen to some music, come back in a bit and he probably will have posted. Why so eager for "bad news" anyway? 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres