Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

2 minutes ago, OmarComing25 said:

Could be. Wasn’t his initial info about Harper and nothing about Machado?

Yeah, he said that if we had never acquired Alonso and Jay, he would never have thought Manny was more realistic than Harper, based on his conversation with his source. I’m obviously paraphrasing, but it was something along those lines. 

Well if they don’t get him Brooks Boyer still has a marketing angle. 

We didn’t get you Manny but at least we got you his friends.

i don’t know how much NotHahns source is involved, but I would imagine if they knew it was bleak so would someone else and it would get out.

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Haha 1

Just now, beckham15 said:

Maybe his bad news is he doesn’t have any new news at all or maybe his source didn’t show up to the birthday party or maybe his source doesn’t have any inside info on the manny situation, wait and we shall see

I thought of all that too, but then he wouldn’t have added “not looking good”. 

Maybe his bad news is he doesn’t have any new news at all or maybe his source didn’t show up to the birthday party or maybe his source doesn’t have any inside info on the manny situation, wait and we shall see

I hate breaking down semantics, but he clearly said he wishes he had better news and that it's not looking really good.  Obviously his source told him something negative.  As long as it's not overly specific, I'm not worried.

• Like 1

Just now, SoxBlanco said:

I thought of all that too, but then he wouldn’t have added “not looking good”. 

even if it was omg good news mannys signing is imminent you have to take everything with a grain of salt until some national writers start talking about it, I just don’t believe anything at the moment. More clarity will come in the upcoming days after this meeting with Philly 

• Like 1

even if it was omg good news mannys signing is imminent you have to take everything with a grain of salt until some national writers start talking about it, I just don’t believe anything at the moment. More clarity will come in the upcoming days after this meeting with Philly 

Oh, I totally agree. I’m not at all worried by what NotHahn has to say. But I think it’s pretty clear he talked to his source and received some bad news. Hopefully the bad news is just that it’s not looking good for Manny to sign anytime soon. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres