Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

10 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

Actually was a member a long time before but I’m old and forgot my info.    I’m posting because this is ridiculous.    Also my first home game was in 1973 so I’m not some guy who doesn’t love the Sox.    All I can say is Rick is working so hard on this.   

Still wondering what D Day means for Monday?

13 minutes ago, Jack Parkman said:

This sounds like Machado and Harper are using the Sox for negotiating leverage and nothing more. Seems like neither are remotely interested in signing here, but they aren't going to say that publicly because their market is small to begin with

Disagree. I think either or both would absolutely sign here if the Sox hit their respective numbers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mbs1969 said:

Do you think the Sox front office isn’t reading this ?    They are.     Sorry I’m not able to say.  

I would think the Sales and Marketing groups monitor these boards a bit. But if Baseball Ops are, that’s insane. I can save them the time right now. What all of us want is the best White Sox team possible.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Saufley said:

Still wondering what D Day means for Monday?

Negotiations could have been nearing an apex at the end of this week and it may be believed that real, final progress may be made after the weekend. In other words, if they all took the weekend off of negotiations, they all have a critical point in negotiations to begin or finish on Monday.

Just now, caulfield12 said:

Guess the next big news to hit today will be any hints from the Boras camp...then the Phillies’ fans can be down in the dumps when no contract is signed.  Although at this point, I guess we’re 50% rooting for Harper to sign with Philly, right?

20%,  I'm 80% rooting for him to sign with a certain team from a certain town, starts with a White, ends with a Sox.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

I would think the Sales and Marketing groups monitor these boards a bit. But if Baseball Ops are, that’s insane. I can save them the time right now. What all of us want is the best White Sox team possible.

They're still fans that have spare time and might want to be entertained by rumors, etc.

1 minute ago, whitesoxwinner said:

So you have a source in the front office? That's awesome. What a waste of time to be monitoring this board though

No one is making you read it, but let’s face it the suspense can’t get you away from it so you will continue to do so until one is signed, just like everyone else here is doing 🙂

I still believe this all hinges on the Phillies getting Harper. I think Harper has always been a pipe dream. 

Machado is very realistic. But if the Phillies miss on Harper, it’s all but guaranteed in my eyes that they will drop a monster offer to Machado’s camp. One that he cannot refuse.

2 minutes ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Sounds like they know certain people are leaking certain things...

But the White Sox benefit from the leaks. I don’t have access to the stats, but I would venture to guess this site already has more activity this January than the entire January last year. 

Nothing leaks, what is left to discuss....the Sox signed a minor league pitcher who used to be pretty good but he hasn’t pitched in 3 years because of all sorts of surgeries?

And whether they want to admit it or not, the White Sox purposely leak things from time to time.

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres