Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

Just now, CaliSoxFanViaSWside said:

Wait weren't you making contingency plans to root for another team ? ;)

To rehash:

1. I never really bought the Bob from Niles/Olney tweets, BUT:

2. I said because the Bulls are a shitshow, and they have common ownership, you can't rule it out as factual. 

3. I said all you can ask is that they make a competitive offer. At that point, it is out of their control. 

4. I said if reports came out after the whole bullshit is over and done with, that they never made a competitive offer, at that point I'd go root for another team temporarily because JR had Bill Wirtzed himself and has proven that he thinks championships are too expensive. If that happened, then, I'd come back when JR is dead and gone. 

1 minute ago, Joshua Strong said:

I don’t think that theSox were leaking. The reports that came out makes them look horribly cheap. The Sox wouldn’t have made it this far in the Machado sweepstakes if their offer was south of $200M. 

Who says they are this far.  The statement states that the White Sox level of interest in Manny is completely wrong.  Maybe they are at 7/175 and others are moving forward. You wouldn't take the sox publically off the radar as the Phillies would be bidding against themselves.  

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

Eh, I think you guys are looking too far into him blaming the Sox but what do I know.  That thought didn't even cross my mind to be honest.

Seemed like he was more mad at Bob/Buster for fabricating stories in a dry FA period than anything.  It doesn't seem like he is calling the Sox out really.

1 minute ago, Rowand44 said:

Eh, I think you guys are looking too far into him blaming the Sox but what do I know.  That thought didn't even cross my mind to be honest.

Agreed. Olney laughed at the Sox earlier this offseason. This is more of a big F you to the media needing to fill their 24 hour news cycle with anything. It is absurd what Twitter has become this offseason. 

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres