Machado signs with Padres 10/300

yesterday333

They aren't waiting til Soxfest to announce. They want the buzz leading into Soxfest to make Machado a big deal there. They want local and national attention. Thus, no deal is in place. Machado probably won't sign until he is forced to sign a lowball deal. Might as well wait to see if any teams make big trades to clear cap, for injuries, or pure desperation. 

2 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Billy Koch. 

The staff rolled the dumpsters on through the Palmer House and someone got on a mic and declared "Ladies and gentlemen, you will see to your left the dumpster rolling through this great hall. Inside this dumpster is none other than your NEW CLOSER BILLY KOCH!!!!" And out he came, to mass cheers

12 minutes ago, bschmaranz said:

Billy Koch. 

Jeebus I liked that trade when it happened but then Koch came out of ST throwing 94 and got kilt. 

By the end of 2003, I was sad I couldn't say You got Foulked anymore when Foulke recorded a save.\

That was a bad trade in retrospect. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

I can't tell what hat Manny is wearing, seems like a Dominican Republic hat or something but there's like a 5% chance it's a Sox hat. Anyone with Instagram care to weigh in? The account is @amberm2323 and it's a video of her kid batting with Machado and Alonso in the background

edit- and this is her story, not a post

Edited by Jose Abreu

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

I can't tell what hat Manny is wearing, seems like a Dominican Republic hat or something but there's like a 5% chance it's a Sox hat. Anyone with Instagram care to weigh in? The account is @amberm2323 and it's a video of her kid batting with Machado and Alonso in the background

edit- and this is her story, not a post

That definitely looks like it could be a Sox hat...great find.

1 minute ago, Jose Abreu said:

I was ready to laugh at this but it does look like a Sox hat.. there's no way he would do that though, even if he signed

2 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Lots of White Sox hats in those videos. I can see how one can think Machado is wearing a Sox hat. If I was a betting man I would say he’s not wearing one. Everyone else around him today was though. 

• Like 1

• Kalapse changed the title to Yeah, they actually screwed this up: Machado reportedly signs with Padres